What's new

LG Ultrawide 3840x1440 and SP3?

OP
HarnessTech

HarnessTech

I missed the original deal but now it's back! So I've officially ordered the monitor. I will be sure to report back here after setting it up and running some tests. :)

bluegrass

I have a lot of users where I work using two 24 inch monitors. I don't think my IT manager would go for spending over $800 for one instead of about $250 for two, but that would be sweet for the users to have that need the extra real-estate.

OP
HarnessTech

HarnessTech

Hmmm.... thinking this through some more.... as of now, I have two 1080p monitors hooked up via HDMI. I may keep one of them and try to daisy-chain it to the new LG Ultrawide, since apparently you can use one of the two mini displayport (Thunderbolt) ports to extend to another display.

Liam2349

Hmmm.... thinking this through some more.... as of now, I have two 1080p monitors hooked up via HDMI. I may keep one of them and try to daisy-chain it to the new LG Ultrawide, since apparently you can use one of the two mini displayport (Thunderbolt) ports to extend to another display.

As far as I know, you can run one 4k monitor or two 2k monitors, including the SP3's display in both cases. I don't think you will be able to do this.

B

B'midbar

I missed the original deal but now it's back! So I've officially ordered the monitor. I will be sure to report back here after setting it up and running some tests. :)

Geebus, starting to save my shekels now.

B

B'midbar

It's on Tiger Direct today for $809.99

OP
HarnessTech

HarnessTech

As far as I know, you can run one 4k monitor or two 2k monitors, including the SP3's display in both cases. I don't think you will be able to do this.

Ah, good point, I hadn't considered that. But I will have to give it a try. :)

The new monitor is scheduled to be here on Monday.

OP
HarnessTech

HarnessTech

Based on this post in another thread, there actually is some hope of having both the 3840x1440 and a 1920x1080 attached and working with the SP3. I'm not considering it a done deal at this point, but there is a little bit of hope after reading that thread.

OP
HarnessTech

HarnessTech

Have I died and gone to heaven?

20141202_195156.jpg