What's new

Library Security and the Windows Surface Pro???

Offworld

So I have recently purchased a Windows Surface Pro and absolutely love it, however, it sets off the alarm in my library nearly every time I walk in or out of the library. I have done a few google searches and came up with nothing to help solve this problem. Does anyone here have any ideas to prevent me from having to talk with library security every morning?

oion

Well, honestly this is the first time I've ever heard of that.

The only workarounds I can think of is, if the gate is small enough, reach around with your Pro and grab it from the other side so it doesn't pass the scanner. Or if there's a counter next to the gate, slide the Pro across and grab it from the other side. Or if you're tall enough, lift the Pro above your head as you pass through. Obviously in those examples, you would keep the Pro outside your bag to avoid suspicion.

But you said it's not ALL the time. Any ideas why that would be the case? Having a full bag or other devices or something?

OP
O

Offworld

No, the only other devices i take are my iPod and my LG Optimus. Neither of those set them off because i have been bringing those two with me to my university for several semesters. The only new addition is the surface pro. It may be that the sensors are just old or hyper sensitive or maybe its the inductive surface of the Windows Surface itself that does it, I don't really know.

kristalsoldier

No, the only other devices i take are my iPod and my LG Optimus. Neither of those set them off because i have been bringing those two with me to my university for several semesters. The only new addition is the surface pro. It may be that the sensors are just old or hyper sensitive or maybe its the inductive surface of the Windows Surface itself that does it, I don't really know.

Glad you clarified that, else I was going to say perhaps your library's alarms are being triggered off you you...:LOL: