What's new

Light bleeds out of back of devide when stand is flipped open

mapexvenus

I can distinctly see light bleeding from the center of where the stand connects to the unit, when the stand is flipped open.

Anyone else?

compnovo

No light bleed from mine. Correction: I just looked again more closely, and I can see light where the center hinge attaches to the back. There's a small gap that allows light from the screen to leak through. I don't think it's anything to be concerned about.

Last edited:

Sin

Light bleeds out from the ports on the sides of the device and from the center of the stand, when the stand is opened.

archapacman

it's pretty cool when I first saw it. Didn't think it would be a problem. Old windows xp tablets have light bleeding out of them too because they need air valves

J515OP

Super Moderator
Light bleeds out from the ports on the sides of the device and from the center of the stand, when the stand is opened.

A couple of weeks ago I was looking at the same thing. Strange design choice but in the end it doesn't matter to me. It may simply be MS's hardware inexperience showing (not having enough experience to consider such details).