What's new

Limit Wireless to 802.11a or n?

awwshoot

Had an Access point fail that will be replaced by a newer one running 802.11ac. The current APs broad case up to 802.11n.

Anyone know how to restrict the Wireless on the Surface Pro 4 to just 802.11a or 802.11n? Do not want 21 tablets all trying to connect to the new AP because it is faster. Been there done that do not want it to happen again. LOL

In the past on the Intel wireless cards I could set them so they would connect to 802.11a these new Marvell adapters have next to nothing for settings.

Thanks in advance!

Order being placed to day to update the other 4 APs. If there isn't a setting I can change I will just unplug the new one for a week. :)

Had an Access point fail that will be replaced by a newer one running 802.11ac. The current APs broad case up to 802.11n.

Anyone know how to restrict the Wireless on the Surface Pro 4 to just 802.11a or 802.11n? Do not want 21 tablets all trying to connect to the new AP because it is faster. Been there done that do not want it to happen again. LOL

In the past on the Intel wireless cards I could set them so they would connect to 802.11a these new Marvell adapters have next to nothing for settings.

Thanks in advance!

Order being placed to day to update the other 4 APs. If there isn't a setting I can change I will just unplug the new one for a week. :)

Broadcast only 802.11<alpha> on the router itself.