What's new

Link to download Intel HD 4400 driver for gaming

cedric5555

I went to Intel website and they do have different driver for the HD 4000 series.
Could anyone please provide the link to get the driver?
I really apprecaite for this help. I don't want to install the wrong graphic driver.

Thank you,

OP
C

cedric5555

I installed the driver downloaded at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/De..., 64-bit*&DownloadType= Drivers

You Need to download both the .zip and the installer and first manually install the driver from the extracted zip file via Device Manager or else the installer will report unsupprted hardware (which in fact is an unsupported driver).

LuckyL,
Really thanks for your great help. May I ask where to get the installer? Is it this one Win64_15335.exe(158.06mb)? Please advise.

LuckyL

Yes, the installer is the executable. It will only work if you installed the info file from the zip archive via device manager. If you search the forum, you will find a detailed step-by-step description of the setup.
The two files are all you need.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Would Microsoft ever push out new graphic drivers through their normal updates?

Yes, Microsoft's hardware team will tweak the Intel Reference Driver to work specifically with the Surface Pro (2)'s hardware typically to balance performance with battery life. The Intel Reference Driver only looks at the Video Card/CPU interaction but none of the non-Intel components.

bluegrass

I installed the driver downloaded at https://downloadcenter.intel.com/De..., 64-bit*&DownloadType= Drivers

You Need to download both the .zip and the installer and first manually install the driver from the extracted zip file via Device Manager or else the installer will report unsupprted hardware (which in fact is an unsupported driver).

Sine my screen seems fine, why would I need to install this driver? Doesn't doing all the Microsoft updates keep all the component drivers up to date?

LuckyL

Sine my screen seems fine, why would I need to install this driver? Doesn't doing all the Microsoft updates keep all the component drivers up to date?

I installed it because the OOB driver does not come with the graphics control centre or any other means of claibration. I'm happy with the surface screen, however, when attaching an external monitor the colour scheme looked like off a candy wrapper. So I installed the Intel Driver which comes with the control centre that allows me to calibrate the external monitor.
Some people indicate that you might get better performance for gaming, something I cannot confirm as I am not using my SP2 for that purpose.