What's new

Poll List of common issues with SP3

Which issues are you experiencing with your SP3?

• Wifi issues (not connecting, dropped connections, slow speeds, etc.)

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Bluetooth issues (not connecting, dropped connections, etc.)

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Screen build issues (yellow streak, dead pixels, colour problems, etc.)

Votes: 15 19.2%
  • Battery drainage issues (low battery life <6h, battery draining overnight, etc.)

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Charger issues (not fully recharging, takes too long to recharge, etc.)

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Heat/fan issues (unusually high heat, fan kicking in often, not kicking in, etc.)

Votes: 7 9.0%
  • Type cover issues (not responding, trackpad not working, etc.)

Votes: 9 11.5%
  • Pen issues (not connecting, buttons not working, etc.)

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Hardware functional issues (sudden reboots, unable to sleep/wake, freezes, unresponsive touch, etc.)

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • Software issues (apps and programs not working as intended, etc.)

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Other (explain in post)

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • I have not experienced any issues at all.

Votes: 25 32.1%

• Total voters

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never really had wifi or pen issues (just one minor glitch each) the one I could vote for was <6h battery life, but to be honest for me this isn't an "issue". I don't mind it, yes it would be great if it was more, but to be honest, my nexus tablet probably didn't last much longer in constant use and it is capable of way less and has a much smaller screen to light up than the Surface so I'm pleased with 6h, it's way better than any laptop I've owned before on battery life!

B

B'midbar

I've never really had wifi or pen issues (just one minor glitch each) the one I could vote for was <6h battery life, but to be honest for me this isn't an "issue". I don't mind it, yes it would be great if it was more, but to be honest, my nexus tablet probably didn't last much longer in constant use and it is capable of way less and has a much smaller screen to light up than the Surface so I'm pleased with 6h, it's way better than any laptop I've owned before on battery life!

Agreed, not so much a "glitch" as a "like to have" on the battery life. Other than that "want," haven't had any problems with my unit. One other "want" would be the 512GB drive, but that was just cheapness on my part.

VickiFL

My first SP3 refused to boot up Windows, so it had to be returned. SP3 number two kept having screen freezes, so it had to be returned. I am now on SP3 (i3) number 3 right now, and so far, so good. (knocks on wood)

Chris Stephen

Got my SP3 i7 August 1st. It's ben great with no real issues until just recently. I've just started having issues with my touchscreen with intermittent unresponsiveness. Gets annoying when I'm playing Microsoft Mahjong. Rebooting seems to fix it for a while then the problem starts up again after a while.

Really weird. If it gets worse, I'll have to try something else other than rebooting.

agt499

• Wakes itself during the night if left on dock to charge. Remedy is elusive
  • Screen resolution with external displays very flaky, which is Windows not strictly the SP3, but scaling doesn't work to my liking, and works differently (unpleasantly so) when docked/undocked, needing at least one logout/login cycle to settle.
  • WiFi often has 'Limited' connectivity on wake. (this also likely more Windows than SP3).

Otherwise great

madtablet

My major anoyances so far are:
  • poor palm rejection - I get little dots and squiggles everywhere when trying to use the pen
  • loose hinges on the stand - leaning to write moves the stand.