What's new

List of Lumia Phones that will Take Windows 10 Eventually

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Here's a handy list of the phones which Microsoft confirmed will get Windows 10:
  • Lumia 430
  • Lumia 435
  • Lumia 532
  • Lumia 535
  • Lumia 540
  • Lumia 640
  • Lumia 640 XL
  • Lumia 735
  • Lumia 830
  • Lumia 930

CrippsCorner

No Lumia 920 either! Piss take. I was thinking of firing up my girlfriend's old phone and giving Windows 10 a go on it :(

jrioux

No Lumia 920 either! Piss take. I was thinking of firing up my girlfriend's old phone and giving Windows 10 a go on it :(
My no-contract 520 only cost $50, so I don't feel to bad, but the 920 was probably much higher

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm wonderign when it'll hit my 930. I've had it a year and two months now and just starting to get itchy feet which might be sated by the new OS as really there's nothing wrong at all with the handset it's been superb!!

kundas1

Its pretty sad a flagship device like the L1520 that has more than enough power and the hardware isn't included in that list... also seeing panay use a l1520 to show case win 10 and then have it dropped is just criminal....

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
IDK as a casual observer it all seems so reminiscent of what BlackBerry did... delay, reboot, delay, delay, reboot delay, reboot, delay ... buy the time they emerged from the tunnel there was no one left with any interest. I would have thought one example of this strategy would have been enough. Every move seems ill timed, out of sync, and poorly executed.

If there's a Surface Phone coming it seems a long ways off yet but it should already be here and you certainly can't run a phone on an unstable OS.

kundas1

If there's a Surface Phone coming it seems a long ways off yet but it should already be here and you certainly can't run a phone on an unstable OS.

no you can't, which is why a lot of people are returning a lot of SB, SP4 and Lumia 950XL... even MS has written an apology because of this! it saddens me because I believe in MS and the hardware and other stuff that MS has got going on and they're are always ahead in their vision but they just cant get their SH!T together and implement it properly!

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
no you can't, which is why a lot of people are returning a lot of SB, SP4 and Lumia 950XL... even MS has written an apology because of this! it saddens me because I believe in MS and the hardware and other stuff that MS has got going on and they're are always ahead in their vision but they just cant get their SH!T together and implement it properly!
I always remembered something one of my professors said early in one of my CS classes. A working program is better than an elaborate design that doesn't work. Years later on a Gov project my team was focused on working while other teams were doing the elaborate designs. The project was downsized eliminating 80% of the teams. We carried on despite the loss of our comrades salvaging some of their work in stripped down but elegant working solutions. A rocket to space can be more cost effective and more productive than taking the luxury space shuttle and if your destination is more domestic you don't even need a rocket. Some of those designs I would equate to taking the space shuttle to Cleveland. ;)

kundas1

doesn't help anything if your rocket cant get to its destination right?... MS is going to lose its customers and fan base if it doesn't work out of the box! everyone is going to jump/abandon ship and goto the more fruity pasture of the other fence... not only that but its old customers (us with SP3's) will not upgrade to newer pastures (sp4's) even tho I want to and I'm itching to do so, but not at all the failure rates and crippled OS (win10) when I have a ALMOST working SP3 I'm enjoying hassle free... windows 10 almost ruined that for me! SHEESH! and I don't mean to add to the negative posts here on this forum, but I can't help but voice my concerns and displeasure of how MS is screwing this up. I really do want to see them succeed!

vxm

When I searched for info about Lumia 1020 regarding Insider Builds, I found out that the device is compatible, so I'd assume it will get full support? I'm currently running 10586.11 on it without any issues.