What's new

Load DVD movies onto Acer Iconia W3 tablet for playback

PavtubeVideo

The Acer Iconia W3 is the first 8-inch Windows 8 tablet, offered at an affordable price. is equipped with a 1.8GHz Intel Atom Z2760 processor—the same model CPU found in the Dell XPS 10 and HP Envy X2—with 2GB of DDR2 memory. It's worth noting that while this tablet does run the x86 version of Windows 8 (rather than the crippled Windows RT), is does so in 32-bit mode, so it won't run any software optimized for 64-bit systems.

8.1 inch screen with resolution 1280*800, Acer W3 is really wonderful for personal entertainment especially enjoying movies on the go. Here I am sharing my experience to help those who want to download DVDs to Acer Iconia W3 for playing.

Fist of all, we need a DVD ripper for Acer W3 becasue we can’t play DVD movies on the Acer Tablet directly. Pavtube DVD Ripper is a recommended one here. It is easy to use for editing and conversion and makes great quality copies of my DVDs. To be honest, the program can help you rip and convert all the DVD Discs even DVD iso/ifo image files at a super speed(based on CUDA Technology). The audio/video synchronization is very good, the size of the subtitles too. Below is how.

The easiest way to realize watching DVD movies on Acer Iconia W3.
1. Install the DVD to Iconia W3 converter on your computer. .
2. Run it and load your DVD movies into this program. DVD discs, DVD ISO or IFO image files are all ok.
3. Choose Iconia W3 formats. Click on “Format” menu, choose “Android” category. You can easily find the profile “Acer Iconia Iconia Tab A200 Video (*.mp4)”, it also works well for Iconia W3, as follows:

a200-profile.png

Tips:
a- This format is special designed to help you getting full-screen effect. If you want to customize your movie, you can click “Settings” to do some adjustments.
b- Select the subtitle language you like from “Subtitles” options. Meanwhile, you are able to choose your master language of audio track from “Audio” option.

rip-dvd-with-subtitle.jpg

Step 4. Start the DVD to Acer Iconia Tab W3 mp4 conversion by clicking the button “Convert”.

When the process finished, transfer the converted video to iconia W3 via USB cable. Pretty Simple! Now you may have known how to watch DVD movies on Acer Iconia W3. Have a good time!