What's new

locked out of my account! please help

noahthomlison

hey guys I got locked out of my profile in my surface. what happens is that when I type in my password on my start screen it doesn't log me in but instead say "your pc is offline, please use the previous password to connect". my password has not changed and I hve not changed any major settings. I also don't hace picture password set up. anyone know how to fix this? I have a second account on the surface so can still use that to connect to my school wifi but it disconnects as soon as I log out. please help guys

J515OP

Super Moderator
Is this second account you are using setup as an offline local account? It sounds like it and you may want to check the settings to see if that is the case.

OP
N

noahthomlison

yes im pretty sure that is the case. when I was first setting up the surface I made the second account but it doesn't have an actual windows id associated with it.

TeknoBlast

Maybe it has to do with outlook.com being down. They having issues right now. either way, you should be able to log on locally.

ArnoldC

hey guys I got locked out of my profile in my surface. what happens is that when I type in my password on my start screen it doesn't log me in but instead say "your pc is offline, please use the previous password to connect". <snip>

That message appears when you enter the wrong password in offline mode.