What's new

Logitech K810 keyboard and 9/9/14 firmware update

riggi

I just got the K810 as I liked the idea of just using one keyboard for my SP3 and my Vivotab Note 8.
I got the repeated key problems too, but uninstalling Setpoint seems to have fixed that (been over a day now with no repeated keys).
But, I too have a problem with the caps lock. pressing caps lock will cause the keyboard to disconnect and then try to reconnect again.
Even worse, it stops my Bluetooth mouse working and it doesn't reconnect until I reboot the SP3. Turning the mouse off and on doesn't fix it.

Quite annoying that I have to make sure I don't hit caps lock (even accidentally as I sometimes do!).
Also annoyed that I can't use Setpoint to lock the FN keys to FN instead of the media player functions that I never use.
I like typing on the K810 a lot better than the TypeCover, but at least with the TypeCover I can lock the FN keys to FN and not media controls.

Any hints on getting the caps lock or Setpoint working?

burak

I just got the K810 as I liked the idea of just using one keyboard for my SP3 and my Vivotab Note 8.
I got the repeated key problems too, but uninstalling Setpoint seems to have fixed that (been over a day now with no repeated keys).
But, I too have a problem with the caps lock. pressing caps lock will cause the keyboard to disconnect and then try to reconnect again.
Even worse, it stops my Bluetooth mouse working and it doesn't reconnect until I reboot the SP3. Turning the mouse off and on doesn't fix it.

Quite annoying that I have to make sure I don't hit caps lock (even accidentally as I sometimes do!).
Also annoyed that I can't use Setpoint to lock the FN keys to FN instead of the media player functions that I never use.
I like typing on the K810 a lot better than the TypeCover, but at least with the TypeCover I can lock the FN keys to FN and not media controls.

Any hints on getting the caps lock or Setpoint working?
Until its resolved map it to shift key for example, by sharpkeys tool : http://sharpkeys.codeplex.com

r0b123

Interesting, didn't realize the CAPS key causes a brief disconnection with Windows 10 TP / build 9860. I have not installed the Setpoint software and other than the caps key issue, no other issues with the K810. I also use this keyboard with my rMBP and haven't seen issues when I switch between both systems.

Hey guys, after the recent firmware update a few days ago, I took a leap of faith and bought one from Staples for $50, and paired it to my SP3 with the most recent Setpoint installed (I use it for my Logitech M557 bluetooth mouse as well) and I have no issues with my k810 whatsoever. Seems the most recent SP3 firmware update has remedied this issue.

For a whole other issue altogether, my Keyboard settings keep reappearing and disappearing in Setpoint for some reason, and Setpoint is momentarily getting a "not responding" freezing error, then unfreezing constantly. I will try to uninstall and re install to see if it fixes this issue.

EDIT: Reinstalling Setpoint did't help.
Also, when Setpoint is open, the k810 becomes unrepsonsive, but as soon as I close Setpoint, the K810 starts working normal again.

October 28 release
  • Intel(R) 8 Series PCI Express Root Port #3 - 9C14 update (v2.0.1151.0) addresses cases when the Wi-Fi adapter is not available upon resuming the system from sleep.
  • Wireless Network Controller and Bluetooth driver update (v15.68.3059.117) improves Wi-Fi throughput, especially after rebooting with Bluetooth devices that are paired, enhances power consumption situations, and addresses instances of system instability.

Last edited:

riggi

Thanks Jesse. I can confirm that my caps lock key works as it should now and doesn't cause the keyboard or my BT mouse to disconnect.

Installed the latest set point and I have the same problem. The keyboard settings keep flashing up for a second and then disappearing. Which means I can't toggle the Fn keys. So, can't really do anything with set point except get it to give you a screen notification when you caps lock is on or off

riggi

I've worked out how to toggle the Fn keys even though the setpoint software won't let you access the screen :)

Make sure Setpoint is not running. If the icon is in your systray, click on it and then choose exit.

Go to C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\Logitech
* [user] will be your windows login.

edit the user.xml file

There will be a section for the K810 keyboard.

Find the setting that is FnKeyInverted="1"

Change the "1" to "0" (zero)

Save the file.

Start setpoint again.

Your Fn keys should now work as Fn keys :)

i now have my K810 working exactly as I want it to.

Hope that helps some of you.

Rich
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?res...authkey=!AO_i_D-hcSaKLK0&v=3&ithint=photo,JPG
redir

Hard.Wired

Ugh, this problem is still lurking on SP3 hardware. Pressing the K810 Caps Lock causes a slight stutter in Bluetooth mouse movement and Bluetooth audio. Pressing it repeatedly causes a full blown Bluetooth lock up for a period of time, seemingly relative to the number of times Caps Lock is pressed. This is annoying because I tend to accidentally press it multiple times when I intend to press the Tab key.

A quirk I have noticed is that turning on "SetPoint Status Indicators / Signal status setting changes (such as Caps Lock) with sound" does nothing on SP3. Interestingly, if you enable "Windows / Settings / Ease of Access / Keyboard / Use Toggle Keys / Play a sound whenever you press Caps Lock, Num Lock, or Scroll Lock" the tone that should be made is often stuttered. All this works fine on non-SP3 hardware that I have tested.

Windows 10 1903 18362.476
SetPoint Control Center 6.69.123 (Driver 5.94.124)

If anyone finds a fix for this, please post!