What's new

Solved Logon surface question

abc

When I startup my surface, I always have to login to my Microsoft account..is there any way to set my surface to login automatically.

Gary.M

STEP 1: Initially login to your System using the Username and Password as Administrator.
STEP 2: Click search either by swiping in from right or in search on Metro UI and type ‘netplwiz
STEP 3: Click on the search result ‘netplwiz’ and a new window will open.
STEP 4: Uncheck the Option “Use should enter the Username and Password to use this Computer”.
STEP 5: Windows opens and asks for “Username” and “Password”.
STEP 6: Click on the “Ok”.
STEP 7: Restart the Computer and you can see the changes.

r0b123

As previously warned, I wouldn't recommend the auto-login in case you lose your SP3, or it stolen. What I did do though is set a PIN code so that I don't have to type in the password now, just a bunch of digits. Maybe you should try that to see if this will help rather than auto-login.

daniielrp

As previously warned, I wouldn't recommend the auto-login in case you lose your SP3, or it stolen. What I did do though is set a PIN code so that I don't have to type in the password now, just a bunch of digits. Maybe you should try that to see if this will help rather than auto-login.

Same here, takes about a second to pop in my PIN.

OP
A

abc

I think I'll leave it alone. Not too concerned about security, but you just never know. Better safe than sorry I think.

OP
A

abc

Thanks. I did the pin# and it is so much better than having to type in the password every time I log on.