What's new

Looking for an app to view pictures

Judgeless

Does anyone know of an app that can be used to display pictures? It needs a setting to fit screen when viewing the pictures. If an image has borders I want the border to be black.

Does anyone know of such and app? It sounds so simple but I cannot find it. Every picture viewer on apple and android tablets can do this.

Last edited:

guymalloc

One of the first programs I installed on my new Surface Pro was Irfanview. It's a good simple picture editor and has thumbnail and slideshow capability with settings for pic size and border color....

OP
J

Judgeless

I am familiar with Irfanview and Acdsee. They are both great apps for viewing pictures. I have Acdsee Installed now. Both do exactly what I want but they are desktop apps.

I am looking for a native metro app to view pictures. It seems that metro apps run a lot faster and are more responsive when pan and zooming. I am still shocked that Microsoft and third parties do have a decent picture view metro app.

It seems that 90% of what people do on iPads and Android tablets are showing pictures to friends. The Surface is horrible at this simple function.

leeshor

The problem is that it isn't all that easy to meet Microsoft's requirements to be a Metro app. Mozilla tried really hard with Firefox and gave up.

OP
J

Judgeless

The problem is that it isn't all that easy to meet Microsoft's requirements to be a Metro app. Mozilla tried really hard with Firefox and gave up.

What is wrong with Microsoft? They create a device they want to sell, yet they make it really hard for developers to write apps for it.