What's new

Solved Looking for really knackered 128GB Surface 3 for part salvaging

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaramacMousse

Hello there!

I just signed up in the hopes of finding here what I've been trying to get hold of for a while now. I'm looking for a REALLY faulty/damaged Microsoft Surface 3 (128GB/4GB model. May take the 64GB/4GB model if I can't find the former, but I really want the 128GB eMMC). All I really need is the main board inside to be working so that I know the components I want to salvage will be working too. This is for a personal project I'm working on. I have searched on eBay, but every time I come across one, bidders raise it up to a crazy price, which may be only worth it if you are willing to cough up the money to fix one or pay and get it repaired (and I know they are NOT worth repairing at home unless you have money burning a hole in your pocket). Since that's not my intention, I've missed out on a few. :(

Do you have a Surface 3 that's completely had it (for example, it's not worth sending in for repair as it would cost too much and/or your warranty or protection has run out) and wouldn't mind a bit of money for it to perhaps help fund a new purchase? Are you based in the UK? If so, let me know and maybe we can strike up a deal so I can get my project started!

Status
Not open for further replies.