What's new

Looking for software: Virtual Whiteboard or similiar

hilikusrt

Hello there,

I am a teacher and I am looking for a software to use the Surface Pro as a virtual Whiteboard.

In general, Onennote is basically enough (although some things like a ruler for example would be nice) but what I am missing most is a sort of presentation mode. So when you connect via Miracast to an external display, the audience and the teacher see something different. So when I look at a different part of the canvas on the Surface, the view for the audience doesn't change.
The reason is so I can use the same App to see my personal notes on the subject and the audience just sees what they are supposed to see.

I know that on iOS Zoomnotes and Goodnotes does that and both of them are outstanding to use as a virtual whiteboard. Unfortunately, they are not available for Windows but there must be something similar, right?

So thank you for suggestions.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Good ole' PowerPoint Supports this, has presenter mode, be it you would need to put your notes into the Speaker Notes, you can ink directly on the slides or White the screen and ink on it...

OP
H

hilikusrt

Hi and thanks.

Ok, you have to help me out here a little bit, since I rarely used PP and that was.....8 oder so years ago.

So first of all, I assume I shouldn't configure my Miracast display as a duplicate, right?

An then what? I should create an empty presentation and put my notes (has to be with the keyboard, I assume?) in the notes section, start the presentation and I can handwrite on the slide?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi and thanks.

Ok, you have to help me out here a little bit, since I rarely used PP and that was.....8 oder so years ago.

So first of all, I assume I shouldn't configure my Miracast display as a duplicate, right?

An then what? I should create an empty presentation and put my notes (has to be with the keyboard, I assume?) in the notes section, start the presentation and I can handwrite on the slide?
You can presentation mode, and still ink on them....
upload_2016-1-20_11-3-41.png

upload_2016-1-20_11-5-22.png