What's new

Looking for travel case, very specific requirements, can't find anything. Help?

naery

Hey all!

I've spent literally hours trawling through these forums, and other sites, trying to find a case for my Surface Pro 2 with Type Cover 2 that meets my requirements, which aren't that stringent.

• Not neoprene
  • Handle
  • Removable, adjustable shoulder strap
  • Just barely fits the Surface Pro 2 with the Type Cover 2 attached
  • Additional compartment that just barely fits charging cable
  • Lightweight
  • Durable
  • Zipper tabs (really, these are optional, but preferred)
  • Black (also optional, but preferred)
  • A slot for the stylus would be nice, too
  • It would also be nice if the charging cable compartment could hold this Logitech Mouse, too

The whole reason I got the Surface Pro 2 is that I wanted something small and portable. Unfortunately, I often ride a motorcycle, so I need a shoulder strap. The only cases with shoulder straps I've found have either been neoprene (the feel of which makes me gag) or enormous cases, which defeats the purpose of having such a small, slim computer.

Can anyone help me out here? I really love my SP2, which is why I want to be able to take it with me safely and easily.

All ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

oion

Hey all!

I've spent literally hours trawling through these forums, and other sites, trying to find a case for my Surface Pro 2 with Type Cover 2 that meets my requirements, which aren't that stringent.

• Not neoprene
  • Handle
  • Removable, adjustable shoulder strap
  • Just barely fits the Surface Pro 2 with the Type Cover 2 attached
  • Additional compartment that just barely fits charging cable
  • Lightweight
  • Durable
  • Zipper tabs (really, these are optional, but preferred)
  • Black (also optional, but preferred)
  • A slot for the stylus would be nice, too
  • It would also be nice if the charging cable compartment could hold this Logitech Mouse, too

The whole reason I got the Surface Pro 2 is that I wanted something small and portable. Unfortunately, I often ride a motorcycle, so I need a shoulder strap. The only cases with shoulder straps I've found have either been neoprene (the feel of which makes me gag) or enormous cases, which defeats the purpose of having such a small, slim computer.

Can anyone help me out here? I really love my SP2, which is why I want to be able to take it with me safely and easily.

All ideas and suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Well, I'd find a seller on Etsy with a style I like and request a custom order. :p But I suppose many people without experience dealing on Etsy may be put off, besides which it's now December so Etsy sellers tend to be inundated anyway.

Brenthaven. They offer optional shoulder straps for their cases. e.g. Amazon.com: Brenthaven Trek Sleeve for 11" MacBook Air: Computers & Accessories

This Case Logic has a couple reviews from Surface Pro owners: Amazon.com: Case Logic AUA-311 11.6-Inch Laptop and iPad Slim Case (Black): Computers & Accessories

OP
N

naery

Well, I'd find a seller on Etsy with a style I like and request a custom order. :p But I suppose many people without experience dealing on Etsy may be put off, besides which it's now December so Etsy sellers tend to be inundated anyway.

Brenthaven. They offer optional shoulder straps for their cases. e.g. Amazon.com: Brenthaven Trek Sleeve for 11" MacBook Air: Computers & Accessories

This Case Logic has a couple reviews from Surface Pro owners: Amazon.com: Case Logic AUA-311 11.6-Inch Laptop and iPad Slim Case (Black): Computers & Accessories

Those both look pretty good! I would prefer it if they were horizontal, though, as the vertical thing just looks silly, imho, but I just might end up getting one of these anyway! Thanks a ton!!

Edit: Just realized I had my links messed up. The vertical Brenthaven one looks like it hits all the right notes. The Case Logic one looks just a tad too big. Thanks again!

Last edited:
OP
N

naery

The CaseCrown Mobile Messenger Bag is one I've heard good reviews of from Surface owners. It is made of nylon, small enough to fit the Surface with cover comfortably and provide enough room for accessories while keeping a minimal design.

Amazon.com: CaseCrown Horizontal Mobile Messenger Bag (Black) for Microsoft Surface / Microsoft Surface Pro: Computers & Accessories

Is this nylon? It looks like a leatherette. Unfortunately, it's just too big. I saw this one before, and while I like it (aside from the shoulder straps not being removable), it's just too bulky and cumbersome. Thanks though!

OP
N

naery

I uses this case for my Pro 2 with Type 2, it has room for the Power Cord and a few accessories...

Amazon.com: Brenthaven Collins Tech Pack for Apple iPad and Tablets (1900101): Computers & Accessories

That one looks nice! I'd prefer it if it were horizontal, but that's just my opinion. It would be just about perfect if the shoulder strap were removable, but this one is a strong contender. Thanks for sharing! How much does it bulge when you put your charger etc in it?

OP
N

naery

OP
N

naery

You guys have shown me quite a few really close ones! Please keep them coming! Many, many, many thanks!

D

Deleted member 10837

If you really want a case that fit all your requirements perfectly, then you can have a custom one made for you.

Last edited by a moderator: