What's new

Looking for travel case, very specific requirements, can't find anything. Help?

oion

Yes, that one is the larger one, originally for the MacBook 13....the one I posted does have a removable strap BTW ;)

Really? The pictures on Amazon seem to show that one end is sewn into a flap on the side. :confused: If the pictures aren't accurate (maybe for a different model?)...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Never mind... I was being lazy and looking across the room and saw another bag's straps poking under the one above.... non removable straps.... eats humble pie :sorry:

OP
N

naery

The one Jeff linked doesn't have a removable shoulder strap, but Brenthaven makes Surface-specific products including this:
Collins Vertical Messenger - Indigo Chambray | Brenthaven.com

Edit to add: I can see how vertical would be weird on a motorcycle, but why not a backpack?

Backpacks are pretty much out because I typically go straight from the motorcycle to a meeting at a client's office. While backpacks are very functional, they don't often find themselves in "professional" environments, for some reason. I actually have a wonderful backpack that I picked up in Italy, it's very fashionable and only slightly too large, but I can't use/wear it where I work, sadly. Unfortunately, I do work in an environment where appearances count (ties, jackets, Rolexes, etc).

That Collins is actually quite nice, too. That one is definitely in the running, thanks!

OP
N

naery

If you really want a case that fit all your requirements perfectly, then you can have a custom one made for you.

I'm not averse to that, but I would have literally no idea where to get that done (aside from Etsy, which I find a bit sketchy due to inexperience). Any suggestions? I'm also not averse, per se, to Etsy, but I have no experience with the forum and wouldn't know how to properly vet anyone there. So if you're planning to suggest Etsy, go ahead, but please also give a bit of general Etsy advice. If not Etsy, then, well, I just don't know! But, yeah, I like the idea of having one tailor-made, but where???