What's new

Looking to buy a SP3... will it meet my needs?

sadronmeldir

Hey all... first time poster and SP3 and Windows 8 novice here, so I apologize if my questions are very basic. I work as a sales engineer, meaning I travel on the road a lot and do a lot of software demonstrations. I just had some quick questions...

First, the technical...
  • The product I demo has a lot of small text that doesn't always show well on a projector... does the SP3 or Windows 8 have an easy to use ZOOM function?
  • I absolutely love the SP3 pen... but everything I've seen is around products such as OneNote and Photoshop. If there was a creative way where I could basically pause my product demo and annotate the screen I was currently on, that would be ideal and I'd buy an SP3 right away! Is this possible either natively or through an app?
  • How well does it work with a projector (DisplayPort to VGA)? Is it basically like a laptop where I have control over the resolution, etc? Can I extend or duplicate my display?
Of less importance, but still nice to know... since it's technically a tablet, does this mean I don't need to pull it out of my bag at airports? I travel a lot and it would be one less thing to worry about.

Sorry for all the questions! I want to get my facts straight before I make a recommendation to my entire team. Thank you in advance for any replies.

daniielrp

What product is it you demo? Its hard to answer the first two without knowing what you're using.

For the third point, yes it works exactly the same for resolution etc.

Lastly, yes it is still a tablet, but I've no idea about regulations. Here in EU in had to get my iPad mini out of my bag

OP
S

sadronmeldir

Thank you for the reply!! To answer your question about the product, I honestly can't say. Just think of it as any third party application with a standard PC exe install. What I'm curious about is whether or not there's universal way to draw or annotate whatever is on the screen. For example, midway through a demonstration of, say, photoshop... pausing to emphasize something on the screen with the pen like so:

ehaeqq.jpg

It doesn't have to be native... if there's a third party application or configuration that would allow me to toggle this mode quickly in a live demonstration, that would be great!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you for the reply!! To answer your question about the product, I honestly can't say. Just think of it as any third party application with a standard PC exe install. What I'm curious about is whether or not there's universal way to draw or annotate whatever is on the screen. For example, midway through a demonstration of, say, photoshop... pausing to emphasize something on the screen with the pen like so:

ehaeqq.jpg

It doesn't have to be native... if there's a third party application or configuration that would allow me to toggle this mode quickly in a live demonstration, that would be great!
There is a free Application called Epic Pen, it works OK, but does what you want...