What's new

Looks like Microsoft is going all in with Best Buy

EMINENT

That is fantastic to see! The last time I was in one, they had one table with a Surface 2 and Pro 2 on it, both off and just didn't look appealing.

Last edited:

malberttoo

That is fantastic to see! The last time I was in one. They had one table with a Surface 2 and Pro 2 on it, both off and just didn't look appealing.

That was my experience also when looking for the SP1. A little table, near the iPads, very underwhelming.

raqball

I picked up my SP3 from Best Buy last week. It had been over a year since my last visit to a Best Buy.

About mid store was the Samsung area which was fairly large. At the back of the store, where the PC's are located, was a similarly large Microsoft area. I was rather impressed with it to be honest. The woman I spoke with was wearing a MS polo shirt so I asked if she was a Best Buy or a MS employee. She said she was a MS employee.

She was very helpful, answered all my questions and was professional.

The last time I was in this Best Buy they had a smaller Samsung area and no MS area. The Apple area was pretty large before but it has shrunk quite a bit and presently is stashed off into a small corner of the store..

Kris

Wish they would court some place like Costco... my Costco looks like it's being courted by Apple right now... At least when it comes to Tablets and such.

wynand32

Wish they would court some place like Costco... my Costco looks like it's being courted by Apple right now... At least when it comes to Tablets and such.

Truth. I liked Costco so much more when they were on bad terms with Apple. Now, their online tablet selection is dominated by iPads, and there's a large obtrusive display with iPads and iPods that takes up way more space than it should.

I know that Costco is very aggressive with their product selection and in negotiating terms with vendors (hence their years-long breakup with Apple), but I'd think Microsoft could figure out a way to push Surface there.

Kris

I really wish they pushed Microsoft there. Their online tablet selection is a joke....A few Samsung then 50 ipads

CrippsCorner

so let me get this straight.... you have NO BB AT ALL in the UK? wow why is that?

Only around 7-8 opened up a few years ago under a partnership with Carphone Warehouse I think, but they didn't do very well and were all shut down again within 12 months iirc.

As Jeff said, we have Currys/PC World and also John Lewis that sell Surface.