What's new

Loose volume rocker on new Surface 2

beman39

jeez I'm really concerned with the QC of the Surface 2 and wondering if I should wait now... :smile:

dizx

I solved this problem with cutting a small piece of plastic (10mm x 2mm), similar to the plastic used in screen protectors, and inserted this piece in the small gap between the volume rocker and the body. Rattle gone, problem solved! :)

berenger24

I solved this problem with cutting a small piece of plastic (10mm x 2mm), similar to the plastic used in screen protectors, and inserted this piece in the small gap between the volume rocker and the body. Rattle gone, problem solved! :)

Ok I have to try this when I get home form work....

gwinegarden

Oh, it's a little loose and rattles when I shake it (just who goes around shaking their tablet, constantly?). Is everyone on here OC? People, get over it.

fpelin

I also got a loose volume rocker, i just got my surface 2 last Sunday from BestBuy. Do you think I should replace it?

oion

I also got a loose volume rocker, i just got my surface 2 last Sunday from BestBuy. Do you think I should replace it?

Depends on how much it bothers you and if the volume rocker actually functions. If you decide to keep it and the volume rocker ends up failing months from now, it'll be covered under warranty. The "home remedy" approach like that outlined above would work fine too, if you'd rather go that route. Some people are experience screen light bleed, for example, but if it's only in a corner and only appears under very specific circumstances (100% brightness and/or completely dark room etc.), some will opt to just leave it. You'd lose time in exchanging, but that's about it; the only risk is that you'll end up with the same or some other potential defect.