What's new

Loss for words; No music with the screen off?

New2ToMe

You're right, sorry about that, just disappointed.

OK, we are here to help, so hang in there. All too often someone jumps in here with an issue and then throws the baby out with the bathwater, never to return.

My first guess would be to make sue that you do not have Bluetooth power saving enabled.
Touch+hold (same as Right-click mouse) the windows icon in the lower left of the screen for a second or so and then let it go. A menu should pop up with "Device Manager" up near the top. Tap that.
Tap-open the Bluetooth device topic
Look in that list for your BT system/Adapter(s). I am assuming speakers are BT. :)
Touch+hold and select "Properties" from the pop up.
Select the tab "Power Management" and make sure "Allow the computer to turn off..." is unchecked.
OK-out - OK out....
Check all other BT devices listed for their Power management if they have it.

OP
C

cricenog

After all this I've decided to give Xbox Music a try, I've found an app to move over all my playlists, it'll take some time but I'm willing to try. I can do the same with the Clouded app for SoundCloud.

I can confirm that works with the screen off and stream to Bluetooth, I'll need to get a new speaker, but I was thinking of getting one anyway, I can use my mini Jambox in the mean time and for larger sound I can use my Xbox One connected to a soundbar. Appreciate all the replies, the device stays, I'm growing quite fond of it, slowly but surely - I'm going to try go to training and the Microsoft store to work out some of the little kinks I'm running into with the navigation.