What's new

Lost graphics option from desktop right click menu

Izord

Sometime in the past few weeks lost the ability to access Intel's graphic option panel. I can do almost everything from the windows control panel but I can't stretch the horizontal and vertical borders for my external monitor from the native cp. (that I know of) And I could do it from the Intel cp.

I also lost the icon that resided on the task bar near the clock of the desktop.

Anyone know what happened and how to fix it? Was this part of an update or did I break something somehow. I haven't done anything that I can think of that would have affected it.

Thanks.

Fairly sure it was the latest firmware.
I didn't install it (no issues I felt needed fixing) and still have the Intel options

Unsure on fix. Rolling back driver may help, but I haven't tried so can't say it's safe. Installing latest direct from Intel may help, but again I have not tried that

GoodBytes

Microsoft removed the control panel in the latest firmware.
To get it back, you need to install the Intel graphics drivers from Intel website (download the .zip file, extra them, and go in Device Manager, uninstall the current graphics drivers, restart the system, open Windows Update, hide the System Firmware that will show up again, (as it will re-install the Surface Intel drivers back), and from device manager install the extracted zip file drivers. Once done restart, and enjoy.