What's new

lost "touch pad" zoom

hushpup131

may I ask for direction to bring back the zoom feature for my old man eyes?
This is where my path ended..
Windows Settings>devices>mouse & touch pad>mouse>additional mouse options>mouse properties

Where might I find the touch pad options?; the touch "screen" is working fine.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum hushpup

Which version of windows are you running? On windows 10 it is as simple as going to settings, clicking on devices, and then touchpad. I'm afraid I've not used windows 8 for a long time so am unable to help if that is the OS you are using although imagine it would be similar. Have you tried opening settings and then just searching for "pinch"?

OP
H

hushpup131

Welcome to the forum hushpup

Which version of windows are you running? On windows 10 it is as simple as going to settings, clicking on devices, and then touchpad. I'm afraid I've not used windows 8 for a long time so am unable to help if that is the OS you are using although imagine it would be similar. Have you tried opening settings and then just searching for "pinch"?
excellent point...
W10 on SurfacePro3 using Surface Pro 4 keyboard
attached is screenshot of errors I've seen and my attempts to uninstall/reinstall, your additional thoughts and direction to find drivers would be appreciated. Thank you.

Attachments

• KEYBOARD ERROR.pdf
    535.1 KB · Views: 523
OP
H

hushpup131

excellent point...
W10 on SurfacePro3 using Surface Pro 4 keyboard
attached is screenshot of errors I've seen and my attempts to uninstall/reinstall, your additional thoughts and direction to find drivers would be appreciated. Thank you.
FOUND IT
I fleetingly considered the nuclear option, re-imaging, but decided to in-install the two Sept 22 updates... that restored my touch pad pinching option. However, I still have the errors shown in the attached PDF file. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the weekend and give it a rest. If there are some thoughts about addressing those errors, you thoughts would be appreciated... on Monday

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad somethings working out. Regarding the driver errors you have, I must warn you that on the whole I'm just a casual end user, I gave up tinkering under the bonnet years ago, so my only suggestion would be to right click on the items in device manager with the exclamation mark on them, and uninstall them. Reboot the system and get windows to scan for hardware changes and re-install. You never know, it might work.