What's new

Solved Lots of Slop in My Kickstand (Video)

bamaster

I'd like for you to view this short video of my kickstand. When I had the i5, I don't remember this much slop in the stand.

Does yours do that, too?

Update: I exchanged it and the new one has a perfectly working kickstand. Here's what that looks like.

Last edited:

kristalsoldier

No. My SP3 does not do that. You may want to check in with a MS store and have them take a look at it. I have had mine since launch day and I use it for over 12 hours a day, everyday and across countries!

OP
bamaster

bamaster

Sure enough, I went to the Microsoft store for lunch and showed it to them. They agreed that it was far too loose. We tested the floor models and they were not this bad. They gave me a new device on the spot. They didn't even open the box so I got a second charger and pen for free! Thanks!

OP
bamaster

bamaster

Well, I think I celebrated too soon.

I am getting phantom touches. I just did a complete system restore and the cursor is still jumping around. Jumps to the top of the screen. Sometimes left corner, sometimes right corner, sometimes near the center.

I'll take it back tomorrow. This is silly.

I got mine replaced (i5) because of that exact problem you are showing in the video. They replaced it right away. No issues. The new one is perfect.

OP
bamaster

bamaster

OK. I exchanged it and sharing they gave me a replacement without blinking an eye. They have a lot of pride in their product and was happy to make me happy. So 4 days and 3 devices. Haha! But hey, at least I got two extra power adapters and styluses now!

EldoInTheWeeds

The first video gave me an idea for an animation project. Have the surface scoot across the table, growl, bark and bite bite fingers. I have too much time on my hands.

Liam2349

OK. I exchanged it and sharing they gave me a replacement without blinking an eye. They have a lot of pride in their product and was happy to make me happy. So 4 days and 3 devices. Haha! But hey, at least I got two extra power adapters and styluses now!

Sounds like great customer service. I live in one of the biggest cities in England and we still do not have a Microsoft store. I think London might have one, not sure, but I hope they open more stores over here.