What's new

LTE issues reconnecting Skype

LTE re-connection issues (SKYPE)

My Skype calls are being dropped between some towers and the surface 3 lte does get internet reconnected but Skype continues on being LOCKED.

Only solution to date is to restart Skype
Having a big problem trying to Restart Skype in tablet mode using my fingers or voice

Does anyone have any ideas a quick way to do this.

Eg I have learned how to hold my finger on an application until it shrinks and then drag it to the bottom and it closes. Yha but appears not to work for Skype any other short cuts??

normally I would click the top X but it is too difficult to click with a finger
and Skype usually will not close as it needs to be signed off first and then closed.. all of this too difficult when trying to do by voice or a finger,

I May try to make some voice commands to open task manager and end Skype. ( Dragon Speaking)

Meanwhile my only horrible solution is to reboot my tablet and then Skype wakes up and reconnects.

OP
I

Intranetsites

Still not winning trying to maintain a LTE connection

Currently after I have a dropped connection I turn cellar tab off and then turn it back on. Often this restarting the mobile function reconnects but often i resort back to a rebooting as it is faster.

Ipad right beside me seems to stay connected or reconnects instantly.

Please tell me any tricks to reconnect :) Bill

OP
I

Intranetsites

Ok I have officially abandoned my IPAD lte, for my surface 3 lte.
I still get disconnected in transition between some cell towers but the surface reconnects most of the time in about 5 mins on its own.
Some times it will not reconnect and I just turn off the radio off and back on and it seems to then reconnect.
Software is getting better so good bye Ipad.

OP
I

Intranetsites

Well I'm back to the ipad lte as it maintains its constant mobile connection through 30 miles of freeway travel. The Surface 3 LTE breaks connection about 5 times over the same distance. Several of those times the surface 3 reconnects within a mile and several of those disconnects require me to stop and restart the radio or reboot to reconnect.
This surface 3 re-connection rate is an improvement over December .. indicating to me the last windows os update is addressing this issue. Meanwhile Im gonna wait until Microsoft gets this radio to work better as I COUNT on my constant connection for my skype calls

OP
I

Intranetsites

Ok im going to try the roam services with Rogers Canada which allow Bell and Telus to pick up in areas where Rogers is weak.. lets hope this works

OP
I

Intranetsites

No moer dropped signals Im also ready to buy the cell phone booster for another $700 dollars (Uniden® UM50 Car Cellular Booster)
I really hope this is just not a weak radio in the surface 3. My version 2 iPad has a better connection by 25% on the same network making me think this 2013 iPad radio is stronger than the Microsoft radio,

OP
I

Intranetsites

OK now i understand why my 3 year old iPad2 that uses 2G and has better penatration than my surface 3 lTE which drops connection faster. So appologies in suggesting that the Microsoft mobile radio was not as strong as the 3 year old iPad radio when it is in fact that the LTE radio has a more limited range than 2G.

I am really excited about getting a cell booster and believing it will keep my constant live connection on the road.

Last edited: