What's new

Mac OSX Mavericks 10.9 on Surface Pro 2

CrippsCorner

That's awesome :) not that I have use for it but I know my Apple loving girlfriend would be pleased! Would this work on the original Surface Pro?

al2fast

cool, would be funny to swing by a MS store and say that your SP is acting funny with OSX on it! Doesn't look like wifi is working though.

mennogreg

May be interested in buying a first gen Surface Pro once the prices fall even further and trying this out on it.

macmee

There's 3 problems I see with this though:

1. no wifi
2. Lack of full stylus support
3. unclear battery life and stability

anyone try it out and have insights/possible solutions to these problems?

Tekn0

There's 3 problems I see with this though:

1. no wifi
2. Lack of full stylus support
3. unclear battery life and stability

anyone try it out and have insights/possible solutions to these problems?

If the Wacom drivers for Apple is open source and Microsoft simply changed the vendor/product id, it might be possible to recompile those and it should work. Dunno if the source is available. Writing one from scratch using sources from linux would be a lot of work.

The ACPI and power management stuff would be harder.

kundas1

That's awesome :) not that I have use for it but I know my Apple loving girlfriend would be pleased! Would this work on the original Surface Pro?

Pffft, you should definitely dump your GF, unless she converts to MS then she's a keeper. :tongue: Lmao

CrippsCorner

Pffft, you should definitely dump your GF, unless she converts to MS then she's a keeper. :tongue: Lmao

Having to use OS X round hers all the time I've come round to it. I still prefer Windows... but in a way I'm looking forward to having a house full of awesome machinery from both Apple & Microsoft when we eventually get round to moving in together!

She has Windows Phone actually, but she hates it :(