What's new

macbook air replaced with sp2

fraser_ian

Anyone else replaced their MacBook air with a Surface Pro 2? I did and am very glad I made that decision. Absolutely love this device and wouldn't go back at all. Just wondered if this is a common situation.

CrippsCorner

Sure I've read of a few situations of this. I know of someone who wanted to make the swap but unfortunately couldn't get on with the smaller screen size of the Surface.

eltos_lightfoot

I did. In fact, my MacBook Pro is what financed my SP2 256/8. I absolutely love my SP2 with Type Cover. I am very glad I replaced my iPad and MBP with a single device.

rMBP2SPro2

I was all-Mac for personal and office computing, and now I'm going back to the PC world--starting with replacing my personal MB Pro 13 retina with a Surface Pro 2 128GB. Now our tech support is in the process of replacing my office MB Pro 15 retina 256GB with a Lenovo M93p Tiny. I do own and love my iPad Air. The SP2 is my productivity tool when I'm traveling.

kristalsoldier

I was all-Mac for personal and office computing, and now I'm going back to the PC world--starting with replacing my personal MB Pro 13 retina with a Surface Pro 2 128GB. Now our tech support is in the process of replacing my office MB Pro 15 retina 256GB with a Lenovo M93p Tiny. I do own and love my iPad Air. The SP2 is my productivity tool when I'm traveling.

Just curious, but could you share why you decided to revert back to Windows?

beman39

I have friends who gave up their ipads for the Surface, but know of none that gave up their MBP for a Surface...

dellaster

I took a roundabout way, but essentially I replaced my MBP 17" i7 (and iPad) with the SP2 8/256 I now have. Took a year since I sold all my iStuff, trying a Yoga 13 first with a TPT2. Now my SP2 serves as desktop, laptop, and tablet all in one. It's working out very well. I only need one other device, my Nokia 920, and that's it.

rMBP2SPro2

Just curious, but could you share why you decided to revert back to Windows?

For some time I had a Mac for personal computing and PC for the office, and that combo worked well. Then I migrated to a Mac in the office. I really love the Mac OS and MacBooks (and I've owned the 11/13 airs and the 13/15 pro retina), but I never liked the Office for Mac and my frustration got worse as that became my primary office suite. It was also a challenge for me to access my office macbook when I travel. Out terrific IT support tried different set-ups, but i never warmed up to them. Thus the switch back to Windows.

Dane

I traded in my MBP and Ipad for a SP2. I got the MBP because we used macs at work and it made sense. The ipad was a gift. Then we switched to windows at work and the MBP no longer made sense. I also found the 17" beast too much to lug around and unnecessary for my lifestyle. It was largely ignored and the ipad was used primarily. As time passed, the frustration grew with what the ipad couldn't do, so they both had to go. The SP2 does everything I need it to, so I'm now a happy camper.