What's new

Mad Catz M.O.U.S. 9 Bluetooth Mouse

magicrobots

In another thread I mentioned that if there was a RAT 9 mouse with Bluetooth I would get it in a second; and I just found out that they do have a variant of the RAT series with Bluetooth:

Mad Catz M.O.U.S.™ 9 Wireless Mouse

mous9_3.jpg

It's not as awesome as the RAT 9, but it looks close. One question I have is that it specifies a low energy "Bluetooth Smart, featuring Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy (BLE)." Do you guys know if this is the same kind of Bluetooth that the Surface Pro utilizes? If so I'd be stoked about this mouse.

OP
magicrobots

magicrobots

Just realized that this thread should have been titled "Mad Catz M.O.U.S. 9" rather than "Cyborg RAT M". Sorry! Can a mod change that? I found the MOUS 9 in the middle of posting about the RAT M. :)

OP
magicrobots

magicrobots

Awesome! Thanks for the knowledge. Bank account, I'm sorry.

... anybody want a wedge mouse surface edition? Great shape! Cheap! :)

slvrdrgn123

Looks nice, wonder how big it is. I just bought the Gigabyte bluetooth mouse and it works really well and is small so it's easy to transport.

OP
magicrobots

magicrobots

After a couple months of this thing being on backorder with amazon, it finally arrived today.
It didn't work at first, and then I got on a call with madcatz support and they showed me how to "reboot" the mouse, and then it connected perfectly.

For some reason I am not able to install the mouse's software at the moment, so hopefully I'll be able to figure that out, but I can tell you that this mouse is smooth and incredibly comfortable and I love it.

mitchellvii

Cool looking mouse. If it doesn't work for the SP you can always laserbeam aliens with it. My biggest knock on most BT mice is the lack of extra function buttons, but at $149.99 USD this thing better give a great back massage.

Last edited:

mitchellvii

ptrkhh

I am also considering the MOUS9 for my SP3, since it is the only BT mouse made for adults as far as I know. Or do you know any other BT mouse that's made for adults?

I don't have a specific need for a mouse. In fact, I game with a generic Logitech corded mouse, and I have no complaint about it. But I really hate small mice, and literally 99% of BT mice on the market are apparently made for 6-year old kids in term of size.

How does your MOUS9 stand now? Is it any good as it was when you started this thread?

PCAnyWhere

I use the RAT M (white) with my SP3 and it works great. stays connected and the battery doesn't drain if I leave it on all night by accident. connects right away after I turn it on. Takes about 2 flicks of mouse to connect again in sleep mode. I would prefer the larger MOUS9 better since the palm support is probably much bigger. I have used a wired RAT7 with my desktop before but I couldn't make it comfortable enough (compared to my DeathAdder) surprising since the RAT has just about every adjustment out there.

ptrkhh

I use the RAT M (white)
I have some questions:
1. Can I use the included dongle on my desktop PC and BT pair my SP3? Im not going to use both at the same time, but it would be nice if I could use one mouse for two computers. I mean, if I have my SP3 next to my desktop PC, which computer will the mouse connect to?
2. Is it durable? Have you dropped it?
3. Hows the battery life? Does it really last a year?
4. Do you know of any other MOUS9-sized mouse out there?

I have used a wired RAT7 with my desktop before but I couldn't make it comfortable enough (compared to my DeathAdder) surprising since the RAT has just about every adjustment out there.
I think thats because of the angular shape. I have tried some RAT mice in store, and my biggest gripe is the angular design. Well, I dont really like the shape, but I have no choice.