What's new

Mail app/All inboxes

rusher

One feature I'd like to see in the Mail app is the ability to view all inbox's on one tab similar to the email app on an IOS device. I have multiple mailboxes and it is a pain to have to click through each to view emails as they come in.

Bill

kristalsoldier

Don't know what you are talking about...; never used an iOS device, maybe that's why! :LOL:

Edit: On a more serious note, do you folks think the TouchDown Mail app (for RT) worth investing in? There is all this talk about either a revamped mail app for Win RT or Outlook for RT swirling around. Moreover, from what I have read, while TouchDown is fully functional (or as functional as it can be), its interface is not very appealing, apparently and it is slow in its syncing functions. That plus the fact that it costs around £14 in the UK MS Store, makes the decision that much more difficult. What do you folks think?

Last edited:

KLR

On a more serious note, do you folks think the TouchDown Mail app (for RT) worth investing in?

I expect a lot of "unstable or mediocre" applications over this generation of Surface tablets especially in the mail-app arena (Gmail changes, POP support...etc). What I want to see in a mail app is nothing short of what I get out of older versions of Outlook on my desktop. Even the iOS mail app is no piece of art IMO but it has gotten me by.

Likewise I am watching this space closely for something comparable however I do not expect anything earth shattering anytime soon. At this point I am just biding my time waiting for that one mail-app to prove itself worth it. So far I have not found it. Outlook can not come fast enough IMO.

bosamar

Microsoft would be doing themselves a favor if they made the mail app on par with Outlook. It's practically the most important app people use.

kristalsoldier

Microsoft would be doing themselves a favor if they made the mail app on par with Outlook. It's practically the most important app people use.

That's an understatement. I still find it difficult to believe how and why MS let the app be released in the state it is. It does nothing but hurt them and hurt the Surface RT.

bosamar

That's an understatement. I still find it difficult to believe how and why MS let the app be released in the state it is. It does nothing but hurt them and hurt the Surface RT.
I often think to myself, 'they can't be that stupid'. If they have a plan they aren't telling anyone.

OP
rusher

rusher

I believe they do it on purpose to push you towards buying Outlook which is their flagship product.

Maloney

well, 9 days to go if it should come in March...
Didn't know TouchDown but it look's at it does the job Microsoft should do. My biggest hope is still Outlook RT with the connectivity to OneNote.... what a dream i have....
But definitely a better solution in the modern UI will come, has to come.... Microsoft just can't be that stupid..... right?...

kristalsoldier

well, 9 days to go if it should come in March...
Didn't know TouchDown but it look's at it does the job Microsoft should do. My biggest hope is still Outlook RT with the connectivity to OneNote.... what a dream i have....
But definitely a better solution in the modern UI will come, has to come.... Microsoft just can't be that stupid..... right?...

Well, according to the articles I posted, it appears that the updates are rolling out now. One can only live in hope though!