What's new

Mail APp and Attachments on Surface RT with windows 8.1

I am rather disappointed with my RT. I never had this issue on Windows 8 but for whatever reason my Surface Will not download attachments from email.

I have had a few people send me pictures to my email from our Halloween get together and partying this weekend and I hit download and it literally keeps syncing and syncing with the 3 little dots going across the screen like it is loading....and the pictures keep downloading but they won't ever fully download where I can view them.

This is from 4 different email addresses as well as I had my friend send an attachment for something for class and it can't download that.

I prefer using the Mail app(Metro Version) so I can easily multi-task but I may have to switch to outlook desktop but this is absolutely annoying me. Any reason why this could be?

This is a Gen 1 Surface btw.

oion

I am rather disappointed with my RT. I never had this issue on Windows 8 but for whatever reason my Surface Will not download attachments from email.

I have had a few people send me pictures to my email from our Halloween get together and partying this weekend and I hit download and it literally keeps syncing and syncing with the 3 little dots going across the screen like it is loading....and the pictures keep downloading but they won't ever fully download where I can view them.

This is from 4 different email addresses as well as I had my friend send an attachment for something for class and it can't download that.

I prefer using the Mail app(Metro Version) so I can easily multi-task but I may have to switch to outlook desktop but this is absolutely annoying me. Any reason why this could be?

This is a Gen 1 Surface btw.

Well, this looks like a problem with the 8.1 upgrade and isn't a problem with your RT per se. Mail app problems are being experienced by a select number of users, however: http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...mail-app-8-1-almost-unusable-original-rt.html

There are a few tips in the other thread, but in both cases, people with 8.1 issues on Surface RT v1 should share details of these problems with the official Microsoft community boards, as MS employees are known to sneak around there.

In the meantime, rolling back to 8.0 may be the only fix. If the upgrade was corrupted, which is possible, an 8.1 reinstall might fix it. It's hard to say at this point, but unless MS releases another patch or something (and they can't unless people tell them they're having problems), there aren't many choices right now.

OP
S

Surface Dude

Well, this looks like a problem with the 8.1 upgrade and isn't a problem with your RT per se. Mail app problems are being experienced by a select number of users, however: http://www.surfaceforums.net/forum/...mail-app-8-1-almost-unusable-original-rt.html

There are a few tips in the other thread, but in both cases, people with 8.1 issues on Surface RT v1 should share details of these problems with the official Microsoft community boards, as MS employees are known to sneak around there.

In the meantime, rolling back to 8.0 may be the only fix. If the upgrade was corrupted, which is possible, an 8.1 reinstall might fix it. It's hard to say at this point, but unless MS releases another patch or something (and they can't unless people tell them they're having problems), there aren't many choices right now.

Thank you.