What's new

make button open snippng tool

seth0987654321

Im probably the first person to think "Gee I would rather open snipping tool to capture a portion of the screen r than an entire screen grab"

Anyway when I open the Surface App and go to customize the button clicks. I can't find snipping tool. It opens the file browser and I navigate to the folders "Program Files" and "Program Files x86" but no snipping tool.
I search Snipping tool-nothing.

Can I make the button on surface pen open snipping tool?

Thanks
Seth

ScottyS

In Settings/Pen & Windows Ink the "Press and hold (only supported on some pens)" lets you browse to an executable file. Browse to C:\Windows\System32\SnippingTool.exe

upload_2016-11-6_5-18-49.png

OP
S

seth0987654321

Thanks for the quick response but my system is a little different...

In settings, it only says pen not "Pen and windows ink" When I click that there are no options to customize the pen.

In the Surface app there is an option to customize the pen. However I do not get "launch a classic app"

I chose "launch a desktop app" and when I browse to Windows:System32 there is no snipping tool.

Attachments

• settings.JPG
    settings.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 658

ScottyS

Thanks for the quick response but my system is a little different...

In settings, it only says pen not "Pen and windows ink" When I click that there are no options to customize the pen.

In the Surface app there is an option to customize the pen. However I do not get "launch a classic app"

I chose "launch a desktop app" and when I browse to Windows:System32 there is no snipping tool.
Are you running Windows 8 ?
My Settings/Pen and Windows Ink are a Win10 AU new feature.

For some reason my Surface app only once had the settings to customize the pen button one time and since it doesn't. I think it was caused when I installed SP4 pen drivers for my SP4 pen on my SP3 (you should have those since you have the SP4). So I rely on the extra settings in Settings that came in the Anniversary Update.

Perhaps someone will know of a registry hack that will let you launch Snipping Tool with pen button.