What's new

Managing text size on Surface Pro

BillTreloar

I've found a partial solution to small t3ext size on my Surface Pro with a Firefox plugin called No-Squint. It works well for website conte3nt, but doesn't address the font size in menus and toolbars.

My wife is having text size problem in Outlook, but since I don't use Outlook I don't know it well enough to know what text size controls might be there.

Are there any Windows or 3rd-party tools that can increase text size globally when working in apps from the desktop?

oion

Applications and the OS can often have different settings, which is a pain.

For Windows 8.1 proper (things like File Manager, etc.), you can manually change the scaling (which is 150% default) to something higher. I personally like 200%.

For Outlook specifically, you'll need to figure out which version, as their accessibility settings are a bit different. For example, Outlook 2013 options for text resizing.

mitchellvii

I've found a partial solution to small t3ext size on my Surface Pro with a Firefox plugin called No-Squint. It works well for website conte3nt, but doesn't address the font size in menus and toolbars.

My wife is having text size problem in Outlook, but since I don't use Outlook I don't know it well enough to know what text size controls might be there.

Are there any Windows or 3rd-party tools that can increase text size globally when working in apps from the desktop?

Um, just set zoom higher in Control Panel > Display?