What's new

many problems with new surface pro 4

saidgta

excuse me for bad English.
i bought a surface pro 4 yesterday and i have many problems with that:
first, a little speck of dust under screen!! you can see in the attached picture. is this normal? that is very small, but is this Possible? or may my device opened before?
second, when i open kickstand and placed tablet on a flat surface, tablet is loose and unsteady. note that the kickstand is not loose.
3rd, the pen is less accuracy than my last surface pro 3. about 1 to 0.5mm space between pen tip and action point...
4, in bottom right of screen,small Glue-like substance Leaked out. you can see in the attached picture.
and last, when i used an glass screen protector, the touch sensitivity reduced very much. now i must touch the screen with small pressure to working.
in your opinion my surface was repaired before i bought that? like changing touch hardware(because Dust under screen and lower touch sensitivity and Glue-like substance Leaked out... )
or, all of these are Normal?!
i bought that from an UNofficial store,Not From Microsoft...
Screenshot_2015-11-20-12-20-20.jpg
20151120_121855-1.jpg

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

If you purchased that as new I would get it exchanged ASAP. If it was refurbished or used then I don't know what to say. You may still ask for an exchange/replacement.

OP
S

saidgta

this is new...
i have other problems like intel display driver error...
i installed all updates, and problem remained...
other problem, when i write by pen, the lcd under pen tip bend and color around tip got black,little.... is this normal??

leeshor

Other people have the display driver crashes, (not me so far) so that isn't a big deal. But the dust UNDER the screen and the sealant leakage is.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Did you purchase it at retail, from a reputable source?
From the OP's original post: "i bought that from an UNofficial store,Not From Microsoft..."

Hmm, was it Fast Eddies Discount Truck? ;)

I hope the OP can get a refund.

From the OP's original post: "i bought that from an UNofficial store,Not From Microsoft..."

Where OP bought it and how much will tell us everything we need to know. I wouldn't be surprised to see, hear that it's a knock-off.

leeshor

Missed that last sentence the second time I read it. Nuff said.

OP
S

saidgta

Where OP bought it and how much will tell us everything we need to know. I wouldn't be surprised to see, hear that it's a knock-off.
I got my sp4 from a retailer in a country that haven't microsoft official store!
I returned that yesterday. First,they told all of these problems are NORMAL!! But i forced them to get that back and give my money...
So i bought another one. i will test that and feedback here today...