What's new

Maps App Road Display Fix

Mikey94025

I was curious and also could not get the 2nd workaround to work. I made sure that I used the actual Maps path shown in Task Manager: Microsoft.WindowsMaps_4.1512.3450.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe, but it seems that the Maps app still opens using the default policy.

Wayne Orwig

The second work around works for me. But then it of course fails when I detach the clipboard from the base/dGPU.

OP
BearFlag

BearFlag

Weird. I wonder why the second workaround doesn't work for me. What is the exact file path you guys put in the NVidia control panel for the Map App?

Astonish

I actually didn't browse the file, when I clicked on Add in the Program Settings, I selected in the window Windows Maps which was already present there and it worked. When I open the Nvidia Control Panel now, I see the name as ''microsoft.windosmaps_8wekyb3d8bbwe'' if it helps.

Cheers,

Wayne Orwig

I actually didn't browse the file, when I clicked on Add in the Program Settings, I selected in the window Windows Maps which was already present there and it worked. When I open the Nvidia Control Panel now, I see the name as ''microsoft.windosmaps_8wekyb3d8bbwe'' if it helps.

Exact same here.

Mikey94025

My SB also doesn't display Maps or Windows Maps in the list of apps after pressing Add. The path I used, but which doesn't work with the second workaround, was:

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.WindowsMaps_4.1512.3450.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\maps.windows.exe

Astonish

That's strange, because according to this thread, if you have it in the list it works, if you need to browse it, it doesn't.. Really strange.