What's new

Marvell Avastar Bluetooth adapter keeps dropping after 10 min

Timu

Marvel Avastar bluetooth adapter keeps droping after 10 min. (this started happening with the latest windows update)

All my devices disconnet and after a hard boot I can use then for 10 min but the same thing happens.

I tried everything I could find in this folder, including changing the driver on the adaptor to MS Generic one, hard booth, trying to roll back MS updates

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Try a Windows Reset (Keep my files) option. Since the driver doesn’t seem to be your issue, maybe a Windows setting was corrupted.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
1 Settings
2 Update & Recovery
3 Recovery
4 Get Started (below 'Reset my PC')
5 Keep my files

Windows will renew all its settings, keeping your preferences and files.

Let us know ...

dunsky

Unfortunately even reset with a full wipe is not helping me. I got the same issue on my Surface Pro 2017 i7. It's started after some recent firmware update so resetting will not do the trick, we should wait for the fix from the Microsoft side I think...

Ed Hale

having exact same issue. I've tried windows update and uninstalling, re-installing drivers. Now I cannot get my device to recognize the adapter

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Try a USB to Ethernet dongle, and wire to a router directly. After making the connection (uses the AVASTAR in a different way), disconnect and try Bluetooth.

wpcoe

Not sure if folks are still having Bluetooth problems on their SP6s (I haven't had a problem), but I just got a Marvell BT update today:

1637652836228.png

I can't find any details on those updates, so not sure what they address/change.

Turbo4AWD

Not sure if folks are still having Bluetooth problems on their SP6s (I haven't had a problem), but I just got a Marvell BT update today:

View attachment 9625

I can't find any details on those updates, so not sure what they address/change.
Just got the same update not 3 days after having read this post. Not sure what it does since WiFi has been fine before and after the update was installed.