What's new

Marvell Avastar driver needed

Hi all -
In addition to my Surface, I have a Viewsonic tablet running Win7Pro. I thought I would try it under Win8Pro and I did an Upgrade installation. Everything works great except the wireless adapter. It's a Marvell Avastar Wireless-n NW controller. I believe I need a Win8 compatible driver or maybe even an updated Win7 driver. The Wireless works fine under Windows 7. I've tried all the normal routes to locating a driver, but can't find one. I've got the tablet working by using a nano size USB NW adapter, but would rather use the internal adapter. Anybody have any idea how I can make this work?
Thanks in advance,
Rick

Last edited:

ArnoldC

Usually, the same Windows 7 driver will work, as I've done that during the Developer Preview of Windows 8. However, just make sure if you're running 64-bit now, use 64-bit drivers too.

Have you gone to the Marvell website?

OP
Rick Sutliffe

Rick Sutliffe

Usually, the same Windows 7 driver will work, as I've done that during the Developer Preview of Windows 8. However, just make sure if you're running 64-bit now, use 64-bit drivers too.

Have you gone to the Marvell website?

Thanks for responding, Arnold.
This tablet (Viewsonic ViewPad 10pi) will only run the 32bit version of Win8 and I had the adapter working under Win7Pro 32bit. When I upgraded to Win8Pro 32bit I lost connectivity. Troubleshooting shows the driver and/or adapter faulty. The Marvel nor the Viewsonic website were any help. I have it running with the nano adapter, but if you can think of a place for me to look for the Marvell Avastar driver. I'd appreciate you getting back to me.
Thanks,
Rick

Last edited: