What's new

Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-N Network Controller Issue

Daveatusj

Hello everyone...

I work desktop support for a small university. Recently, a student brought a departmentally-purchased Surface RT (running Windows RT 8.1) to our Help Desk.

The complaint was that it no longer will connect to our Wifi, and they cannot connect it via Ethernet cable. After some troubleshooting, I looked in the Device Manager, and found that the Marvell AVASTAR Wireless-N Network Controller is non-functional. The error is "This device cannot start (code 10)."

I tried updating the driver, but it says that the driver is up to date. I cannot run updates, as you need Internet connectivity. I've done a refresh of the device - both without affecting files and back to default settings, but the controller is still non-functional.

I've also disabled/re-enabled the driver, and uninstalled the driver (but did not delete it).

I looked for any Upper and Lower Register entries in the registry (there are none), I looked on Marvell's website for a driver, but all I found are older versions. The version on this device is 14.62.17215.91.

At this point, I'm out of ideas as how to resolve this. Am I at the point now where I contact Microsoft to see what can be done? Or is this thing gone?

Thank you in advance!

Dave

José Ramos

This is not a reply, I just want to point out that I have the same problem as Davetusj. Is there any way to sort thisout? Should I throw it out?

sut

I also had the same problem I reset the RT and now no programs show up on the RT. I called MS and they said they don't support the RT's anymore. I'm hoping someone will reply to my post. If not, I'm thinking of throwing it in the trash!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I also had the same problem I reset the RT and now no programs show up on the RT. I called MS and they said they don't support the RT's anymore. I'm hoping someone will reply to my post. If not, I'm thinking of throwing it in the trash!
Have you looked in the Store to restore your Apps? They are listed under My Library or My Apps (can't remember Windows 8.x exact usage).