What's new

Massive Surface 2 Resolution Fail

mitchellvii

Massive Surface 2 Resolution Fail (OR MAYBE NOT)

The rumor is that despite sporting a shiny new Tegra 4 chip the Surface 2 will once again have the same POS screen resolution as Surface RT.

For comparison's sake here is the New ASUS Transformer with the same Tegra 4 chip sporting a stunning 2560 x 1600 IPS panel.

ASUS Transformer Pad TF701T has 2560 x 1600 Display

Seriously does MS WANT to lose money? If this rumor is true the utter fail is staggering.

Hopefully the rumors are false and Surface 2 will in fact have an Ultra HD screen like pretty much all of the competition. If they fail to even go Full HD, well words escape me.

** UPDATE **

Rumors everywhere.

Just read another website that said the Surface 2 will in fact be 1920 x 1080 which of course would be awesome. Now if they can just add a pen they could have a real winner.

Who knows? That's 2 websites 2 totally different takes on the screen.

Last edited:

beman39

yea seriously when you want people to buy your tech, you wanna be AHEAD of the competition not BEHIND, or at least in some comparative way be with CURRENT technologically! yeesh!

D

Deleted member 10837

If the resolution is 2560 x 1600 on a 10.6" screen, Windows would need to be scaled up to 300% to be viewable. It is a different story with Android.

demandarin

Also the higher the resolution, the more the performance hit on processor. I think they should've at least went went a 1080p display.

Regardless, its funny how people now think 720P resolution is bad or something. Especially on a tablet..lol but I do understand the higher resolution does make text more crisp on websites.

Not everyone has hopped on the 1080P or better bandwagon yet. There are still new devices releasing with lower and doing just fine.

demandarin

The first and 2nd generation Ipad resolution sucked. Maybe they will do like apple and milk you on the refresh aka surface 2,5...haha!

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Rumors everywhere.

Just read another website that said the Surface 2 will in fact be 1920 x 1080 which of course would be awesome. Now if they can just add a pen they could have a real winner.

demandarin

Rumors everywhere.

I've seen several other sites say the same things. One says one resolution and another says a different one. I'm ready for the concrete info from MS themselves. I think they need to to get the hype up even more. As MS rumors have been a hot topic lately concerning surface tablets. Let's just hope they get it right this time and get the ball rolling on profits..lol

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

I've seen several other sites say the same things. One says one resolution and another says a different one. I'm ready for the concrete info from MS themselves. I think they need to to get the hype up even more. As MS rumors have been a hot topic lately concerning surface tablets. Let's just hope they get it right this time and get the ball rolling on profits..lol

Looks like FULL HD it is. Awesome! Now if they will just add a pen and price it right this could be a winner for MS. Still think Pro 2 is a mistake.

machistmo

The Pro 2 is all they have to go with... The Surface 2 is the mistake.. They lost a billion dollars on the first RT device so naturally making a second one is a smart move? Kill it now IMHO.

pallentx

RT just needs apps to succeed - they will come. 1080 would be nice, but I've been plenty happy with the current res. I guess 1080 is a must for the feature list war though.