What's new

Maxtor OneTouch III Drivers

clemgrad85

I've had my SP2 for about 7 months now, and decided to try and hook up a Maxtor OneTouch III external hard drive that I had with a prior computer. When I first plugged it in, I tried to load the software but it wasn't working exactly right and was unable to start the program once it supposedly loaded and I restarted my SP2. So, I ended up uninstalling the software and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this. I'm not exactly the best computer person, so need some direction on how to do this. Do I find Maxtor OneTouch drivers for Windows 8.1 and install that first and then the Maxtor software, or do the software first and then download the updated drivers? Has anyone had success connecting the OneTouch to their SP2? Thanks for any help on this.

kundas1

normally on most devices when you install the software it also installs the drivers at the same time, BUT if installing the software Doesn't install all in one, the best bet is to install the drivers first then the software after... ;)

OP
clemgrad85

clemgrad85

I haven't heard of a Maxtor in a long while. What's the approximate vintage of this device?
HA....yes, it ain't new, but it's a pretty decent size HD. I'll have to go look and see when I purchased it, maybe 4 or 5 years ago? I had purchased a 64gb flash drive from Best Buy yesterday for $30 and was going to use that to make a back up of my System Image, but apparently there are issues using a flash drive for that? Anyway, remembered I had this HD sitting around and since it apparently still works, thought I could use it for that as it has plenty of room.

OP
clemgrad85

clemgrad85

normally on most devices when you install the software it also installs the drivers at the same time, BUT if installing the software Doesn't install all in one, the best bet is to install the drivers first then the software after... ;)

Thanks.....will give that a try.