What's new

May 14th Surface Updates

Rvacha

From the MS Community web site:

•UEFI firmware update enables the PXE boot feature. This feature is only available when using the Surface Pro Ethernet Adapter due to the UEFI integration needed to implement PXE boot.
•Video driver that improves the Skype experience and resolves an OpenGL bug in Adobe Photoshop.
•Trackpad Settings Driver for Surface Type Cover to enable interaction with the Trackpad Settings Application for Japanese customers.
•Continued improvement in Wi-Fi connectivity and stability.

These haven't shown up for me yet

BillJ

I installed the updates without a problem.

I am keeping my fingers crossed, but so far I have not run into the "limited wifi" problem that I had before.

andrew

My Mail app started crashing immediately following the update... I launch it, it begins to render the current (most recent) email in the inbox, and it crashes. Rinse, repeat. Is anyone else seeing something similar? My next step is to remove the email accounts from it and re-add them to see if that helps.

I have to say that general stability of the Surface RT is pretty poor...

-andrew

andrew

Mail app problems were solved be uninstalling and reinstalling the mail app.

My comments about general stability still stands ;-)

-andrew

TrentonT

Installed updates re-booted no issues. Switched to desktop and ran update from there and got two more updates for .net re-booted again no issues

Eljefitodos

Same problem for me on Surface RT. Mail app quits after about 8 seconds. (Fine on my Windows 8 machine, just a problem on the Surface RT.)

Installed updates re-booted no issues. Switched to desktop and ran update from there and got two more updates for .net re-booted again no issues

Trenton, were both of these operations performed on your RT, or one on your RT and the other on a desktop machine with W8?

pallentx

Updates installed without issue here on RT. I've been in my mail app twice already. I have Hotmail/Outlook, Fastmail/IMAP, and a work exchange account in there.