What's new

Metro unresponsive upon after booting SP3 up

MilesTeg

I'm running with the i7 SP3 and on occasion the metro UI will be completely frozen and unresponsive to either my finger and keyboard/touchpad input. I can still move the mouse arrow around on metro but I can't launch any apps or scroll the UI about to other parts of the screen. I don't think it's heat related as has happened inside with cool room temperature.

The only option that works is to shutdown --- restart and hope the next boot into metro gives me a workable metro UI. I don't know what causes this as I can't replicate the problem - it seems to happen at random.

ctitanic

I'm running with the i7 SP3 and on occasion the metro UI will be completely frozen and unresponsive to either my finger and keyboard/touchpad input. I can still move the mouse arrow around on metro but I can't launch any apps or scroll the UI about to other parts of the screen. I don't think it's heat related as has happened inside with cool room temperature.

The only option that works is to shutdown --- restart and hope the next boot into metro gives me a workable metro UI. I don't know what causes this as I can't replicate the problem - it seems to happen at random.

Usually those are the signs of a corrupted driver or hardware issue. My recommendation would be to do a refresh. If the issue persist then it's a faulty hardware and you should exchange the unit.

GTiceman

I have noticed some unresponsiveness recently when trying to launch metro apps. However my finger input is still registered as is the select of the app.