What's new

Mickey Mouse ears

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Sad. Microsoft should fix that before Mickey has to stick his nose (and ears) into it.

Last edited:

kundas1

OMG! I had the same idea also! But I was going to use a longer piece to sit at the top part for more secure seating instead of just the corner placement... that's too funny, I guess he got tired of using his hands too, cupping the side speakers for better sound LOL

jrhillma

It's interesting to me to read so many complaints about low speaker volume. On my SP2, I have the volume typically set to 4, occasionally to around 12 if I'm in my office and the air handling is going. I have no problems hearing it. The fidelity is for crap, sure, but for that I have a pair of Jaybird BlueBuds X and an older Sony Ericsson MW600 BT pendant coupled to a nice pair of Sennheiser in-ears. Either of those work great on airplanes.

TunaSurface

For a man talking about audio the audio quality in that video is awful.
Really, couldn't watch it because of it.

My brother has a set of these coming, I'm interested in getting a set if it works as intended. A roughly 10db increase in volume directed at the user is nothing to be sniffed at.
Im one of those people that are always looking to improve any small margin of performance where I can. If this means I can have my volume a little lower when not on headphones and get a few extra minutes of battery as well as improving the stereo effect then for $10 I'm all for it. I dont have any issues with the volume on the surface, other that its directed out to the back

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
They should at least have the genuine Mickey Mouse ear shape... that's just lame :)
I think covering them in tin foil or faux tin foil would raise the geek factor appeal.
Maybe gold tinfoil for that space age look.

Only kidding

guymalloc

Kind of an old thread, but I just got a set of the 'Surface Ears' for my SP1, work great, cost about $20 with shipping. Wish that some retail outlets would pick them up, not just Amazon.

malberttoo

I have no idea how I missed this thread back in the day.

Cool idea!

I've never been greatly unhappy with the SP3 speakers, because by and large I consider it a foregone assumption that most speakers on a mobile device blow. I usually use a wireless headset joined to the SP3.

I think I'm going to pick up a pair of these though... :D