What's new

Microcenter getting a special "batch" of i5 128GB tablets, is MS trying to make fools of customers?

yonghong

LOL, I email MS I can pay $200 more to exchange to 256Gb one, haha , when I checked the price difference of them on the website, they are $300 price different between them , never thought 256Gb is so expensive

ptrkhh

I have the i5/256 surface for some time now and today i bought a i5/128 for my dad and it really feels like there is a weight difference, anyone else noticed that before?
That's very interesting. Try it on a kitchen scale.
Ive been wondering, since the i3, i5, and i7 all have similar battery life, it is very likely that the battery capacity differs between one another. It might be a good idea to check the battery capacity too.

yonghong

MS support reply to me:
Thank you for your prompt response. We can replace your Surface however, we won't be able to guarantee that the replacement device you will receive has the Hynix SSD as our engineering team manages the assembling of the Surface's parts.

Here's an option open to you though, you may go to a Microsoft Store near your area and request for a possible replacement.

What should I do , my city doesn't have MS store. My SP3 128g is 5 months old, should I go for replace, is it new SP3 or refurbished? Give me some advice please, thanks.

OP
S

slingxshot

MS support reply to me:
Thank you for your prompt response. We can replace your Surface however, we won't be able to guarantee that the replacement device you will receive has the Hynix SSD as our engineering team manages the assembling of the Surface's parts.

Here's an option open to you though, you may go to a Microsoft Store near your area and request for a possible replacement.

What should I do , my city doesn't have MS store. My SP3 128g is 5 months old, should I go for replace, is it new SP3 or refurbished? Give me some advice please, thanks.

I would do the warranty replacement. I got the replacement it looks good to me, no scratches or anything.

MS support reply to me:

Get it replaced but what happens if the replacement has the Samsung SSD in it as well?

kristalsoldier

Interesting thread. I bought my SP3 on release day from the Toronto Store. My unit has the HFS/ Hynix drive as per the legend in Device Manager. So, I guess it is MS using a variety of OEMs for their drives. Oh and my unit is an i5, 128GB one.

yonghong

MS reply to me:

It will be a refurbished device with the same model and storage capacity. To submit your service order, please go to http://myservice.surface.com/ and sign in with your Microsoft account. Once logged in, you will be able to check your device warranty, check your service order status, request for technical support and do more.

Here are the steps in submitting your order:

1. Select Problem with a device or cover

2. Select the device you're working on.

3. Select the issue

4. Select Next to proceed with the repair order

5. Fill in the required information

I think I just stay with my SP3, it's perfect but the slow sumsung SSD, for refurbished ,you never know what's the problem with them , what do you guys think? Thanks.

Yong