What's new

Microphone Stand Mount for Surface

OP
P

PhilBiker

I play rock and roll in a local bar band (Bass guitar and vocals). I use a tablet for displaying lyrics and guitar chords. I use a pedal for turning pages. I have been using my iPad2 for this but now that I have a Surface which I like better than the iPad I will use the Surface.

malberttoo

I play rock and roll in a local bar band (Bass guitar and vocals). I use a tablet for displaying lyrics and guitar chords. I use a pedal for turning pages. I have been using my iPad2 for this but now that I have a Surface which I like better than the iPad I will use the Surface.

Send us a video sometime... ;)

Deborah

Hercules HA300 is the answer. Works perfectly.
View attachment 3424
Hi PhilBiker, I've just joined this forum because I'm going to buy a Surface Pro 3 and I'm a professional muso, so looking for a mic stand tablet holder like you were. In all the info I've gathered about the Hercules HA300, it says the largest tablet it can hold is 10.1" and the SP3 is 11.5", so I'm just wondering how you're getting the HA300 to hold your SP3. Is the info I've found wrong? Does it in fact hold the SP3? I need an answer as soon as possible because I've ordered the SP3 but will cancel it if I can't get a holder for it. Thanks in advance. Deborah

OP
P

PhilBiker

My tablet is a Surface RT, not a SP3. The Hercules barely fits, I am sure it would not fit a SP3. You may need to use a conventional music stand for the SP3.

Deborah

My tablet is a Surface RT, not a SP3. The Hercules barely fits, I am sure it would not fit a SP3. You may need to use a conventional music stand for the SP3.
Ok, that's a great help, thanks so much. At least I know now and am not just hoping it would work.

OP
P

PhilBiker

Gig Saturday night went extraordinarily well. All three of us were on our game musically, particularly my guitarist, who was on fire! The Surface was perfect on the stand mount. The Guitar Tapp Pro app worked extremely well. Honestly the Surface worked better than my iPad ever did for this. When I loaded the PDF file of our setlist on the iPad (I had the PDF as a backup in case my set list in Guitar Tapp didn't work out) into the UnrealBook app I got a warning "If you are using the PageFlip pedal do not upgrade to iOS8!". I rolled my eyes and remembered why I prefer the Surface to the iPad - it works much better with the PageFlip pedal than the iPad ever did. No video to share though.

TallMike

Deborah, you are not wrong. The Hercules HA300 will not hold an SP3. I just bought an SP3 and already owned the HA300 that I'd used with an iPad. HA300 may work for other Surface models...? I don't know the size of the Surfaces that preceded the SP3. Earlier in this string, PhilBiker posted a link to a mount that will work. I'm hoping to find something that has something under the tablet when it's in portrait orientation. The iKlip grabs the device on its long sides. In portrait, nothing is there to prevent it from sliding out. I don't know how tight the grip is.