What's new

MicroSDHC card CRAZY SLOW

sarcoguy

Hi. I recently purchased a 64 gb Surface Pro from a friend. I wanted to get some more storage so I invested in a Sandisk 256 GB MicroSDHC. I installed it and wow it is extremely slow. I was hoping to use it to install some games and media storage but oh man i can barely get it to copy anything in an acceptable amount of time. Anything I can do to speed this thing up? Thanks.

leeshor

Welcome to the forum

Due to the numbers of fake SD cards out there, I need to ask where did you purchahse it from?

OP
S

sarcoguy

It is a MicroSDHC Card with adapter. It was from an online merchant, and the package did arrive from China. But it was new and in the original packaging - I've been to Asia and saw plenty of knockoff stuff while I was there. If it is a fake, it is extremely well done.

There could be something wrong with it I guess, I don't really know what the problem is.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It is a MicroSDHC Card with adapter. It was from an online merchant, and the package did arrive from China. But it was new and in the original packaging - I've been to Asia and saw plenty of knockoff stuff while I was there. If it is a fake, it is extremely well done.

There could be something wrong with it I guess, I don't really know what the problem is.
I get 40MB/s on my SanDisk Class 10 64GB

leeshor

Makes sense why it would be slow. Many fakes look good enough to be the real thing. It's how they work that counts.