What's new

Microsoft Band Forums are Live!!

StuartBoozle

Research also shows that Sleep Apnea trumps desire to wake up when you would like to. ;)

Note: Should add that when I said "I had apparently dismissed my iOS alarms" that meant I had no idea I had done so. This happens a lot to me. So the alarms might be enough to begin the process of waking me up, and the Band's vibration then can wake me up when it's last. I'll try flipping the order tonight, but if I'm late to work tomorrow I'm just gonna tell my boss I was doing SCIENCE. lol!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I've noticed that when my staff are gathered for meetings, I get updates on company operations - sometimes critical to the meeting at hand - without the distraction of picking up my iPhone, entering the PIN, etc.

VickiFL

How do we delete old notifications from calls, IM's, Cortana, etc? I can't find a place to do that.

fuzzy2651

I've had my Band for about a month now and couldn't imagine life without it. I have it paired to my Lumia Icon. I guess my only gripe is having BT on my phone constantly turned on, kills my phone battery. Every few days I'll take it off at night when I know I'm going to be watching TV and give it a full charge. I put it on before bed and charge it while I get ready in the morning. I've never gotten close to the Band running low with that charge schedule.

VickiFL - I found that if you want to clear emails, calls, texts, whatnot, I just go to "Manage Tiles" and turn the tiles off, save, then turn them back on. You'll have to reposition them again, but it's the only way I've figured out how to do it.

VickiFL

I've had my Band for about a month now and couldn't imagine life without it. I have it paired to my Lumia Icon. I guess my only gripe is having BT on my phone constantly turned on, kills my phone battery. Every few days I'll take it off at night when I know I'm going to be watching TV and give it a full charge. I put it on before bed and charge it while I get ready in the morning. I've never gotten close to the Band running low with that charge schedule.

VickiFL - I found that if you want to clear emails, calls, texts, whatnot, I just go to "Manage Tiles" and turn the tiles off, save, then turn them back on. You'll have to reposition them again, but it's the only way I've figured out how to do it.

You charge your band twice a day? I've only been charging mine once, in the morning.

Thank you for the advice! I'll just do that for now.

r0b123

You don't have to turn tiles off/on and reposition to clear the data/info. Just powering off the band will also clear the info. Swipe all the way to the right in the gear icon, power icon, and turn power off. Then turn the band back on with the power button.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I charge my Band every couple of days, or so. I track a workout (with the default Workout tile) every day for about 35 minutes, as it gives me calories and fat burned, and heart rate info. The notifications work very well.

Would like to see Bluetooth connectivity to computers, rather than just smartphones. That's on the way, I understand.

fuzzy2651

You charge your band twice a day? I've only been charging mine once, in the morning.

Thank you for the advice! I'll just do that for now.

Every couple days I'll give it a full charge in the evening when I'm watching TV, but I throw it on the charger in the morning while I'm getting ready and that seems sufficient.

sharp, I'd like to see that as well. I'm sure it's coming, or at least I hope so with a future update.

r0b, thanks. I never thought to power cycle it to clear the info. Seems like a lot less hassle than what I had been doing.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The Band is great for updates while driving without grabbing the phone, a real no-no.

Happened to be on two wheels today, instead of the car.

image.jpg

VickiFL

I wear mine all the time, unless it's charging.

How long do you guys think our Bands will last?

Last edited:

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The Band seems more hardy than I expected. The rugged design should last a long time. Keep a screen protector on the front face.