What's new

Microsoft Complete Coverage - worth it?

jedge

http://www.zdnet.com/forget-about-d...soft-complete-coverage-is-just-99-7000011295/

Just read this article and it sounds like a good deal. But when i went to look into purchasing it, it's actually $150 and it says in the small text "Deductible payment required for damage claims".

How do you get it for $100 and does anyone know what the deductible would likely be? Does the manufacturer 1-year warranty already cover accidental damage? Seems confusing.

Capture.JPG

Kif

That article is from 2/2013 so maybe MS raised the price. The deducible is $5o dollars for accidental replacement. I think it's a solid deal and I purchased it. And I don't usually get extended warranties.

gmtmaster79

or get a Squaretrade with 2yr ADH, and no deductible for $124.99 (plus tax), with 40% off coupon (from various deal sites/forums)

Odyssey

It's worth it if you plan on keeping it for 2 years. I purchased it for the SP2, but I sort of regret it since I ended up upgrading to the SP3 :)

malberttoo

Totally worth it.

Also, I had my Surface Pro covered as well, and the warranty is transferable. So as soon as I ordered the SP3, I sold my SPro. It wasn't hard to sell it, and I'm sure that the fact that it already came with an accidental protection plan, helped.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never once found a reason to spend money on extended warranties or device insurance etc. Waste of money IMO.

FrankMurphy

I think it's worth it because accidental damage is covered (which AppleCare doesn't cover). Also, unlike a standard RMA, they replace it with a brand new one, not a refurbished model.

wynand32

I would definitely go with Microsoft's coverage vs. Squaretrade, since as mentioned they'll simply replace the SP3 with a new one. Squaretrade is likely to make you jump through more hoops.

cdf3

I would definitely go with Microsoft's coverage vs. Squaretrade, since as mentioned they'll simply replace the SP3 with a new one. Squaretrade is likely to make you jump through more hoops.

Will Microsoft replace it with a bran new one, or a refurbished unit?