What's new

Microsoft Complete Coverage

tuchas

One of the things that bothered me when purchasing online was that there was no indication that you could buy the 2-year Microsoft Complete extended warranty. It covers accidental damage as well as manufacturing defects, gives you a year of advanced in-store training, and at $150 it is a bargain considering what SquareTrade and BB is offering. Further, if you accidentally smash your screen, this coverage will allow you to take the unit to the nearest MS Retail Store and they'll exchange it for you right there.

If you bought online, just call any MS Retail store, follow the prompts to speak to a sales associate and you'll be connected to a rep in some national retail center. They can sell you the Microsoft Complete coverage over the phone and attach it to your MS account. Highly recommend this coverage - I had to use it with my SP1 and it was a piece of cake exchanging it out at the store.

OP
tuchas

tuchas

be77solo, I wish that MS had a link to this on the MS Store site, or at least one that I could find easily. Thanks so much for pointing this out.

be77solo

be77solo, I wish that MS had a link to this on the MS Store site, or at least one that I could find easily. Thanks so much for pointing this out.

That site is the Holy Grail for Surface support ha... you can advance exchange, register devices, get help etc!

scottysize

Mine says I have 131 days to make the purchase, but it won't let me complete the purchase. I get past the part were it verifies my address, then no billing. It's like it gets lost.

OP
tuchas

tuchas

Mine says I have 131 days to make the purchase, but it won't let me complete the purchase. I get past the part were it verifies my address, then no billing. It's like it gets lost.

Call your nearest MS Retail Store. You can buy it over the phone when you are connected to a sales rep.

mpf541

Yes I did not like that they also did not have that online when I ordered. I ended up going to s store and got a much better deal on a bundle anyway. But not every lives nears a Microsoft store.

wmqiadm

No more sp2 in stock at the store, I went with broken screen and they created a service order for sp2 still waiting on the device to get shipped now. Eventually I will get it but the instant swap is no more available for sp2 under complete care now.

JesseDiaz

One of the things that bothered me when purchasing online was that there was no indication that you could buy the 2-year Microsoft Complete extended warranty. It covers accidental damage as well as manufacturing defects, gives you a year of advanced in-store training, and at $150 it is a bargain considering what SquareTrade and BB is offering. Further, if you accidentally smash your screen, this coverage will allow you to take the unit to the nearest MS Retail Store and they'll exchange it for you right there.

If you bought online, just call any MS Retail store, follow the prompts to speak to a sales associate and you'll be connected to a rep in some national retail center. They can sell you the Microsoft Complete coverage over the phone and attach it to your MS account. Highly recommend this coverage - I had to use it with my SP1 and it was a piece of cake exchanging it out at the store.

I went to go get this but I didn't see anywhere where it says it included the 1 year of training. I was going to get the training so when I read your post, I said " DOne deal" but I only see the coverage being offered. Am I missing something?

OP
tuchas

tuchas

I went to go get this but I didn't see anywhere where it says it included the 1 year of training. I was going to get the training so when I read your post, I said " DOne deal" but I only see the coverage being offered. Am I missing something?

It should come with it. When I bought Microsoft Complete I did so by calling my local MS Retail store, and requested a sales rep. The call was routed to a national sales center, where the rep told me the details of the warranty and the one year of training it comes with. So I bought it over the phone. The next day I received an email that I was enrolled in the personal training:

2014-06-24_00-50-21.jpg

So clearly this is available for Microsoft Complete customers.