What's new

Microsoft Complete Coverage

JesseDiaz

It should come with it. When I bought Microsoft Complete I did so by calling my local MS Retail store, and requested a sales rep. The call was routed to a national sales center, where the rep told me the details of the warranty and the one year of training it comes with. So I bought it over the phone. The next day I received an email that I was enrolled in the personal training:

View attachment 2314

So clearly this is available for Microsoft Complete customers.

I guess Ill have to call then becuase on the website there was no mention of it...thanks

ipaq_101

Talked to MS and it's a $50 deductible per incident.

In any case I am thinking about it. I haven't ever damaged any of my devices, but I also have never had a device so portable, one drop and it can mess up. For $200 (with deductible for 2 years) it sounds like a good deal.

malberttoo

In any case I am thinking about it. I haven't ever damaged any of my devices, but I also have never had a device so portable, one drop and it can mess up. For $200 (with deductible for 2 years) it sounds like a good deal.

Trust me, GET IT. Think about it this way.... in a year, when you're fully invested in your SP3, got tons of data on it, it fits nicely in your lifestyle and fulfills specific needs... and then you stumble one morning and send it flying across a tile floor, and shatters the screen, or even worse won't turn on. Ask yourself, in that moment, would you pay $200 to make that problem go away? If the answer is "yes", then pay it now and be done with it. Of course in your case you don't have a year, you have only a short window to buy the warranty.

These are devices that are meant to be picked up, carried around, traveled with. Do yourself a favor and buy it. If it was just an "extended warranty", I wouldn't bother, but the fact that it covers accidental damage, is gold.

bamaster

I concur. I've been able to exchange my SP2 using my Complete warranty several times without using a deductible. I had a couple problems with battery life and odd screen scratches. They just swapped the device out for me without question. Once they knew I had Complete warranty, I got taken care of really well.

ipaq_101

Trust me, GET IT. Think about it this way.... in a year, when you're fully invested in your SP3, got tons of data on it, it fits nicely in your lifestyle and fulfills specific needs... and then you stumble one morning and send it flying across a tile floor, and shatters the screen, or even worse won't turn on. Ask yourself, in that moment, would you pay $200 to make that problem go away? If the answer is "yes", then pay it now and be done with it. Of course in your case you don't have a year, you have only a short window to buy the warranty.

These are devices that are meant to be picked up, carried around, traveled with. Do yourself a favor and buy it. If it was just an "extended warranty", I wouldn't bother, but the fact that it covers accidental damage, is gold.

I got it, thanks!

JesseDiaz

Did you happen to ask abou tthe training?

CrippsCorner

Do you guys in America not have stuff like this covered on house insurance? I'm insured for any device up to £1,500 inside or outside of my house, in fact even abroad. Doesn't cost me any extra...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
My i7 pre-order includes this coverage. So you may indeed purchase this protection plan online from the store.

Jandar

I bought the Surface in store on release day (after cancelling an online order due to not shipping on time). I bought the Complete Care with the surface, but when checking myservice.surface.com, there seems to be no mention of the warranty. My service expires September 2015. Am I supposed to do something or should it have shown up automatically?

ipaq_101

I bought the Surface in store on release day (after cancelling an online order due to not shipping on time). I bought the Complete Care with the surface, but when checking myservice.surface.com, there seems to be no mention of the warranty. My service expires September 2015. Am I supposed to do something or should it have shown up automatically?

Did you pay an additional $149? I would call the MS store (1 (877) 696-7786 ) and have then link your serial number with the warranty you paid for. They will check your order number and link the two.

I bought it yesterday and they charged my card and in a few hours everything was refreshed and now expiration is 9/2016.

ipaq_101

Do you guys in America not have stuff like this covered on house insurance? I'm insured for any device up to £1,500 inside or outside of my house, in fact even abroad. Doesn't cost me any extra...

I am sure it would cover theft, but not ADP.

BTW any insurance in the US sucks and costs an arm an a leg, and they cover some things not all.

Last edited: