What's new

Microsoft Complete - UK - Surface Type Cover..?

jmdrizen

Like many in the UK, I got my Surface Pro 3 today... and spoke to Microsoft about Microsoft Complete...

After some struggles, I can now confirm that my SP3 does have the extended warranty and accidental damage cover, although I'm struggling to find out if the Type Cover is included in the scheme...

The small print says only "bundled" items are included... Bundles aren't available with the SP3 in the UK... I raised this and was told that it shouldn't be an issue and the rep thought that "bundled" meant "used with"....

Whilst I'm hoping never to use the complete cover with the type cover, especially as there's a £50 excess for accidental damage... it would be good to know that should I need it, it's there.........

Any thoughts of anyone in the UK who's gone for MS Complete...?

OP
J

jmdrizen

Thanks malbertoo,

The problem is that whilst they both arrived today, they were two separate orders... I ordered the Type Cover two weeks ago, and the SP3 when I got paid last week.....? That change things...? I did make it clear to the rep today when I purchased Complete that I wanted them both covered, but it wasn't that clear...

OP
J

jmdrizen

In keep getting the following when I log in the myservice and go to check warranty...
An error occurred. Please try again.
  • An error occurred. Please try again.

If I don't log in, I can confirm that the SP3 does have extended warranty by typing the serial number in, but it doesn't appear to be linked properly or there's currently site issues...? Typing the Type Cover serial doesn't do anything :-/

malberttoo

In keep getting the following when I log in the myservice and go to check warranty...
An error occurred. Please try again.
  • An error occurred. Please try again.

If I don't log in, I can confirm that the SP3 does have extended warranty by typing the serial number in, but it doesn't appear to be linked properly or there's currently site issues...? Typing the Type Cover serial doesn't do anything :-/

Ok, alternatively, (not sure if you did this already) you can call Surface Support (http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-us/support/?productId=100411422) and have the rep look it up. I've heard many folks say that they had to have the rep link their products to their warranty, before it would show up properly.

OP
J

jmdrizen

I tried 'live chat' with a Service Rep, but they said that I needed to provide proof of purchase, and that the order numbers I had wouldn't suffice..???? So put me through to Surface Sales... Who initially told me that the produce I had been sold must have been wrong as SP3 isn't covered by an extended warranty yet...???? I think I'll wait until next week when all the memo's are circulated and try again... But don't want to try too late and be told 'tough' now... I believe there's at least 7 days 'cool off' so will try first thing Monday....