What's new

Microsoft Curve Mouse

TagsxA

Microsoft Arc Mouse

I was hoping someone on these forums has used a Microsoft Curve Mouse, but I did some searching and I can't find it anywhere here. I just ordered mine through Amamzon and should receive it by tomorrow. I've been going back and forth between it, and the wedge mouse. My main issue with the wedge mouse is how small it is. I'd like a full-size mouse, but with some portability. I've watched lots of video and read a good amount of user reviews, but none of them show it being used with a Surface Pro. Regardless of if anyone here has used it with the SP or not, I'll post my thoughts on it at some point this week.

Last edited:

mitchellvii

I think the Wedge Mouse and the SP kickstand angle were both designed with an 8 year old child as the target user.

OP
TagsxA

TagsxA

I think the Wedge Mouse and the SP kickstand angle were both designed with an 8 year old child as the target user.

Ha! Yeah... I think it has some great features, but even with my fairly small hands, I have a feeling that the wedge mouse might be too difficult to use during longer-than-1-hour-sessions.

lkailburn

I have the wedge and it is definitely <1 hour use. I use it for travel only and have a regular keyboard/mouse waiting for me at my desk.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

OP
TagsxA

TagsxA

I have the wedge and it is definitely <1 hour use. I use it for travel only and have a regular keyboard/mouse waiting for me at my desk.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Unfortunately, I don't have a desk at home at all. I'm on the couch, whenever I use my tablet/netbook. I plan on using a lap desk of some sort, so a full-sized mouse would be best.

machistmo

I have bricklayer hands and the wedge mouse works perfectly for me. It weighs about as much as a pair of keys and fits nicely in my pocket for meetings and back forth to work. It just works. I did read a post someone made about the Arc Touch mouse and how much they liked it, is that the product you are talking about?

Last edited:

N.G.

Unfortunately, I don't have a desk at home at all. I'm on the couch, whenever I use my tablet/netbook. I plan on using a lap desk of some sort, so a full-sized mouse would be best.

My SP is almost exclusively a couch, travel device. I use a Prop n Go Slim lap desk, which is beyond great on the couch, but I am not trying to keep papers with it, or use the Type keyboard much. It does fit on the prop n go, wedged upside down with the keyboard attached. I cut a foam wedge to support the keyboard at the back, but quite frankly I would like some sort of netbook configuration case for typing on the cover. Wedge mouse works pretty well ON THE COUCH and on my leg. I don't find it comfortable though. Might buy a curve or something, and keep the wedge in the travel bag.

OP
TagsxA

TagsxA

So I've used the curve mouse for about 90 minutes total and it's probably the best travel mouse I've owned. Now, I have to say that I've only owned 5, or so, travel mice. Still, I was pleasantly surprised at the seeming complete absence of lag or missed movement. It's not nearly as comfortable as a full-sized ergonomic mouse, but it's also worlds better than mini-mice in my opinion. The thing that is just so cool about it is that it's thinner than any other travel mouse I've used and yet feels very close to a full-sized mouse. All in all, I'm very happy with my purchase!

FFX

Here is a reveiw on the Wedge mouse. [video=youtube;ppfEOZFby3s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppfEOZFby3s[/video]

salsbug

I've had the MS Curve for a over a year now and absolutely no longer carry a "traditional" mouse. It's great for working in small areas, but best of all it's flat so it will fit in your pocket, if need be. I've used it with a laptop and have now "assigned" it to my Surface because I also picked up a tote bag just large enough to hold the surface and the Curve slips right in the center pocked without adding a bulge. Hope this helps.